𝟥| 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝗌𝗎𝗉𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗈𝗅𝖽𝗂𝖾𝗋

CHAPTER THREE:

THE FIRST SUPER SOLDIER

CHILDREN WERE PLAYING on the streets, some little boys playing a bit of baseball as the occasional vehicles drove by with their honks being directed towards the children if they were close to almost being hit by the cars

CHILDREN WERE PLAYING on the streets, some little boys playing a bit of baseball as the occasional vehicles drove by with their honks being directed towards the children if they were close to almost being hit by the cars. Some teenagers and adults were grabbing boxes from the back of their cars to bring them inside.

A very nice looking vehicle could be seen driving by the group of little boys that were playing baseball on the streets, yelling at each other to grab the ball when one of the boys had fumbled with the ball. Inside of the back of the car, Y/n could be seen sitting in between her sister and Steve as she looked down at her book.

"I know this neighborhood. I got beat up in that alley." Steve recalls as he points down an alley before doing the same when they drive by a parking lot. "And that parking lot. And behind that diner."

"Did you have something against running away?" Peggy questions, curiosity in her tone.

Steve shakes his head. "You start running, they'll never let you stop. You stand up, you push back. They can't say no forever, right?"

"We know a little of what it's like, to have every door shut in your face." Y/n admits with a slight frown.

"I guess I just don't know why you'd wanna join the army if you were a beautiful dame." Steve comments as he stares at her, eyes quickly widening. "Or a-- A woman. An agent. Not a dame. You are beautiful, but..."

"You have no idea how to talk to a woman, do you?" Peggy guesses in question.

Steve chuckles a bit, looking away. "I think this is the longest conversation I've had with two. Women aren't exactly lining up to dance with a guy they might step on."

"You must have danced." Y/n concludes in a soft tone.

"Well, asking a woman to dance always seemed so terrifying. And the past few years, it just didn't seem to matter that much. I figured I'd wait." Steve informs.

"For what?" Y/n asks.

Steve shrugs. "The right partner."

Peggy notices her sister's stare lingering on the smaller man, to which she looks away with a knowing smile. Soon enough, the car parks on the side of the road outside an antique shop and the three of them step out of the vehicle. Steve holds the door open for Y/n, holding out his hand for her to take so he could help her step out.