𝟣𝟢| 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋

CHAPTER TEN:

SEVENTY YEARS LATER

HIS EYES OPENED as his ears registered the sound of a voice from the radio, announcing the game that was playing and which team was currently winning

HIS EYES OPENED as his ears registered the sound of a voice from the radio, announcing the game that was playing and which team was currently winning. The sun happened to be shining through the window of the old hospital room with the super soldier inside, laying on the bed comfortably over top of the blankets.

Steve's blue eyes landed on the ceiling fan that was moving around, giving him some air in the room before he slowly lifted up his head, noticing the different place he was in. With a slight grimace on his face, the super soldier slowly sat up and moved his legs over the bed until his boot covered feet touched the floor.

His gaze stared at one spot on the floor just when the sound of honks and traffic caught his attention, head snapping in the direction of his opened window. It was then that he finally noticed the radio, listening to the announcer speak to the oh so familiar game, a game that he had attended to with his best friend.

Something was wrong.

The sound of his hospital room door opening caught his attention, eyes looking in that direction to see a woman stepping inside of the room. The nurse gave him a greeting smile as she squeezed through the small crack of the door she had opened with before closing it right behind her.

"Good morning." The woman greets before glancing down at her watch. "Or should I say afternoon?"

"Where am I?" Steve questions in suspicion.

"You're in a recovery room in New York City." The woman informs.

Steve glances around before looking back at her with narrowed eyes. "Where am I really?"

"I'm afraid I don't understand." The woman admits with a forced chuckle.

"The game. It's from May 1941. I know, cause I was there." Steve reveals, standing up when he noticed the woman's face tense up. "Now, I'm gonna ask you again. Where am I?"

"Captain Rogers--" The woman starts.

"Who are you?" Steve exclaims.

Just then, the door was pushed open as two men stomped into the room wearing all black uniforms. This caused the blonde to stumble back at the sight of them. Next thing they know, before they could grab him, he was throwing them against the wall, only for them to fly right through the wall and into the studio the fake room was in.

The man from the forties hopped through the hall, glancing around at the studio before pushing through the doors and out of the room, ignoring the woman's calls to him. He soon found himself in a hallway full of people with different clothing that he was used to just as the woman's voice echoed from the speakers.

Everyone had noticed the super soldier in the hallway, causing him to frantically speed off and shoving whoever was in his way out of the way when they tried to stop him, moving towards the exit of the building. He ignored the honks of the vehicles he was getting when he ran out and onto the middle of the road, wide eyes looking around.

Steve decided to run the same way the traffic was headed, hearing people from the building chase right after him. It wasn't that long till he reached time square, freezing right in the middle of it as his panicked and confused gaze glanced around at all the buildings and the screens. Brands and companies he had never heard of before. New things he'd never seen ever.

Lots of people on the streets were staring at him strangely. His attention moved from the screens and to the many vehicles that were stopping just a few feet away from him, lots of people exiting out of them as some held the citizens back from trying to get a look at what was happening. The same guards that had been chasing him were able to catch up to him.

"At ease, soldier!" A voice calls out.

Hearing this, the blonde super soldier found himself spinning around to see a man standing a couple feet behind him. Wearing his usual black clothing and usual eyepatch, Nick Fury held a calm expression on his face as he stared at the younger, yet older man in front of him while he took a few steps forward till he was in front of him.

"Look, I'm sorry about that little show back there, but we thought it best to break it to you slowly." Fury tells him.

Steve furrows his brows. "Break what?"

"You've been asleep, Cap. For almost seventy years." Fury announces.

At the news of this, his face scrunched up even more as he looked around at the place again, the realization as to why he didn't recognize anything making even more sense now. Almost right away, his mind instantly went to the person he had last spoken to before he had gone under the water with the plane and the date they mind, her voice in the back of his mind.

"You gonna be okay?" Fury asks.

Steve slowly nods. "Yeah, I just... I had a date."

He didn't bother listening to whatever the director of one of the most well known agencies had to say as he stared at the ground. In his mind, she was an elder now. She had probably gotten married and had children and then most likely grandchildren.

But little did he know, she hadn't gotten any of those things.