𝟫| 𝗀𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗎𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋

CHAPTER NINE:

GOING UNDER THE WATER

THE WOODS WERE full of soldiers as they surrounded the Hydra base, waiting for the signal to leave past the trees and to attack the base after Captain America had gone in with a motorcycle with the rest chasing after him

THE WOODS WERE full of soldiers as they surrounded the Hydra base, waiting for the signal to leave past the trees and to attack the base after Captain America had gone in with a motorcycle with the rest chasing after him. Snow laid on the ground, the cold air invisible to the naked eye, yet they could still feel it.

Within the woods, Y/n wore a pair of boots comfortably with the pair of pants she was wearing as she glanced past the branches of the trees, hearing the sounds of the explosions all around, silently hoping that Steve was okay after he had purposely been caught and taken to Johann Schmidt himself.

The woman, along with her sister, was holding a gun in her arms that she had cocked and ready to shoot when it was time. Beside her and Peggy, Colonel Phillips was holding a walkie to his ear after they had all heard the explosions from inside, silently guessing that they'd be given the signal soon, as to why he was waiting.

"We're in! Assault team, go!" A voice shouts from the other side of the walkie.

"Move out!" Colonel Phillips exclaims.

Almost right after that, he was putting the walkie away and all the soldiers were rushing in the direction of the Hydra base. Clenching her jaw, Y/n checked her gun to make sure that it was fully loaded before she was following behind the soldiers, seeing Peggy just a bit in front of her as she joined the men.

The Hydra agents were shooting back almost right away and many of the soldiers had been able to dodged or jump out of the way of their shots. Y/n felt her grip tighten on her gun as she pulled on the trigger, nailing one of the Hydra agents in the face, killing him. Her legs were in a sprint as she ran along side some other men.

The rumbling of the explosions around had her stumbling a bit from how much the ground was shaking. When one of the explosions were right next to her, she felt her feet leave the ground as her body was flown back and collapsing on the rocks. The woman felt her ears ring as she opened her eyes, squinting while looking around.

She could hardly hear anything, the ringing so loud that it blocked everything out. Even though she couldn't hear, Y/n ignored the hair sticking to her face as she stumbled up until she was on her knees. Noticing a Hydra agent who noticed her, she quickly aimed her weapon at him and pulled the trigger, the bullet nailing him right in the neck.

Suddenly, the feeling of a hand grabbing her arm caused her to look up to see Peggy was there and had grabbed her arm, pulling her up to her feet. Their feet moved towards the base where a large hole could be seen, leading to the inside of the base itself where some of the Howling Commandos and Steve himself were in.