00. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 .ᐟ

❛𝐀𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮   𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨        𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞

             ❛𝐀𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮   𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨        𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞. 𝐀𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫          𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬. ❜

✦

✦ . ⁺ . ✦ .  ⁺ . ✦

𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐀 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄 of greek origin. derived from the greek word phaidros, it means "bright light".

light is symbolic of so many wonderful things, light promises a new beginning, an end to darkness, and hope for the future. light conjures warmth, welcome, knowledge, and home.

that's what phaedra was, to some people, she was a source of happiness, freedom, sanctuary and anything that radiates that sense of a bright light in the depths of darkness.

to some, she was a closed off, restrained daughter of apollo, someone who doesn't want to draw attention to herself and prefers seclusion to other people. which was true.

apollo, most widely revered of the greek gods. He communicated the will of his father zeus, made humans aware of their guilt and purified them of it. his bow symbolized distance, death, terror, and awe; his lyre symbolized music, poetry, and dance.

phaedra was not like her father though, nor did she try to be, yes she had his significant traits, but would she even be his favorite child if she didn't.

the young demi-goddess yearned for her father's approval and acceptance even after he had left her, but then again she wouldn't be any different from all the other half-bloods, desperate to live up to the gods.

having them gaslighted into thinking that in order to earn their parents' 'approval' or 'acknowledgement' is to go through an absolute bargain and torture, which she did. and that's what the gods do, they indoctrinate their children.

✦ . ⁺ . ✦ .  ⁺ . ✦

phaedra was brought to camp half-blood by her mother, to whom she owed her life— quite literally. when phaedra turned ten, she began to envision mystic, paranormal creatures, creatures that her mother told stories about. mythologies and folklore is what phaedra grew up on, denying it was useless and she knew, that she was not a normal kid, and it was obvious to many.

while other children— mortals, where engaged in princesses and superheroes, she was busy daydreaming about eerie things and different universes, and after some time, those supernatural thoughts and weird trances began to seem real.

before she knew it , her mother was frantically packing her bags in trepidation while consolably whispering her confused ten year old daughter that "it's okay" and that "i'm gonna get you somewhere safe" with no explanation whatsoever.

they hopped in the car, pouring rain washing out the streets of their neighborhood, drenching phaedra and her mom, then driving away.

she remembered that day like the palm of her hand, the fear, confusion and perplexity. They drove all the way to the woods, their only source of light being the headlights and the moon shining down on the girls face, fear evident on her little features gazing up at her mom.

"i need you to listen to me carefully sweetheart," her mother gently but cautiously spoke up, kneeling down to face the child. "remember when i told you the stories about the greek gods and their world?"

"your father—" she paused for a moment taking her breath, "he was one of them."

"and I know this all seems confusing, but as you start to grow up, you start to change, and that world— you are a part of it. It's not safe for you here anymore, there is a camp— it's a sanctuary for demi-gods, that's what you are and—" a loud screech was suddenly heard making them both abruptly turn towards the sound.

"you won't leave me right?" little Phaedra questioned in panic at the thought of the mystery creature which they heard, but still the newly found atrocious information didn't scare her as much as it should've, all she could worry about was her mom, she couldn't leave her, she couldn't leave her like her dad did.

"sweetheart, you'll be okay."

the clock struck one, apollo leaves lydia caddel with his child. the clock struck two, lydia caddel has to abandon that child. the clock struck four, phaedra was at camp half-blood. THE CLOCK STRUCK FOUR...

first few chapters could be a little rusty but my writing gets progressively better trust!!