09. 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞.ᐟ

[the sun, earth and moon]

❛so the thing i keep thinking about is, was it worth it to be happy for just a little bit, even though it ended up sad? or would it have been better if the whole thing never happened? ❜

so the thing i keep thinking about is, was it worth it to be happy for just a little bit, even though it ended up sad? or would it have been better if the whole thing never happened?

PHAEDRAS LIFE WAS easier than some peoples lives, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't hard.

she loved her life—partly. unlike her father, who was ungrateful and selfish, it was said like the sun, he thinks the world revolves around him.

some days phaedra's worst case scenario would be her tripping on something and getting a bruise. some days phaedra's best case scenario would be getting out alive of whether ; fighting a fury, cornered by a demigod stone turner, or drowning.

right now phaedra was stuck in a dream—possibly already dead because the last time she checked she was suffocated under the water.

phaedra walked down the darkened hallway, it was void-like. all empty and cold. she passed by several rooms trying to find some sort of escape, examining each one for some sort of answer.

the voices still muffling in her head—she'd gotten used to them by now. phaedra heard these voices on occasion, so she hoped that whatever was happening had some sort of connection to it, it became a remedy.

"sweetheart?"

phaedra stopped suddenly in her tracks, looking around. that voice wasn't in her head anymore as it echoed all over a room she stood in. it rang all over her body sending shivers down her spine.

footsteps approached her.

then, a persons hand placed on phaedra's shoulder making her turn around abruptly. and suddenly, she felt adrenaline rush all over her yet she stood still as she saw who it was.

she scrunched her face up in disbelief and before she knew it, hot tears streamed down her face her throat tightening. her body felt fragile and her heart was beating straight out of her chest and throat. phaedra wanted to throw up.

"mom." she whispered.

a pretty brown haired lady stood in front of her, tanned skin, brown doe eyes, just like her. her mother held phaedra's head in her hands, examining her face—she was also crying. but smiling down at her. the world was collapsing and the only thing that mattered to her that she was alive. her daughter.

"mom, what? what happened? how are you—" phaedra shook her head.

"it's okay. it's okay." lydia caddel whispered to her, pulling phaedra into an embrace. she slowly hugged back, scared that if she moved just a little everything would go back to reality, without her mom just like always. lydia wrapped her arms around her daughter, like the sun wraps her earth protecting it from the inhospitable coldness of the world.