04. 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 .ᐟ

[sunshine scented perfume]

❛ it's just anatomy, you're only half of me but still you don't know me at all

it's just anatomy, you're only half of me but still you don't know me at all.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, it's rays shining all over the fields creating a clear and solace atmosphere as the two pre-teens and the twenty-four year old waited patiently for annabeth to bid her goodbyes to thalia.

"she's really gonna miss that tree, huh?" percy asked as he pointed over at where annabeth stood.

"when annabeth first arrived here with Luke and thalia they were being chased by monsters, agents of hades." grover explained, looking over at phaedra who stood a few feet or two from them, daydreaming.

"furies." percy acknowledged, looking down at his shoes. "mrs. dodds?"

"yes," grover responded. "she was our algebra teacher, alecto. thalia turned back to fight to buy her friends some time. her satyr protector tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen. so at the last moment zeus intervened to safe her life, and changed her form."

"the almost most powerful being in the universe's best idea to safe his daughter's life was to turn her into a tree?" percy questioned furrowing his brows.

"she was the bravest demigod I ever knew." annabeth announced as she walked over the two along with phaedra tagging along behind her, fixating the little bows on the ends of her braids.

"she fought valiantly, and she met a hero's fate." phaedra defended, though she hadn't met thalia, she knew how much annabeth admired her. the athena girl sent her a thankful smile as they all began walking.

"she met a pine cone's fate." percy pointed out humorously as he discreetly glanced over at phaedra who was struggling to restrain a laugh at his remark, causing percy a smile.

"forbidden children are always in danger, even the strongest ones, even thalia." annabeth stated harshly. "and you are not thalia, do exactly as I say and maybe you survive this. are we clear?" pointing to the blonde boy.

"does she think she's in charge?" percy questioned.

"who did you think would be in charge."

"I assumed we'd do a show of hands or something." percy shrugged as they made their way down the hill.

✦ .     ⁺  . ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦

"there is no way this is what sacred smells like." percy gagged as the four entered a public bus, that smelled absolutely awful.