03. 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐞.ᐟ

[the son of poseidon]

❛Decision is a sharp knife that cuts clean and straight; indecision, a dull one that hacks and tears and leaves ragged edges behind it

Decision is a sharp knife that cuts clean and straight; indecision, a dull one that hacks and tears and leaves ragged edges behind it.

𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐆 𝐖𝐀𝐒 certainly not phaedra's favorite activity, all the hiding and all the running, for what? she would rather keep herself busy with sleep.

phaedra stood alongside annabeth, luke and percy who were all candidates of the blue team. slightly cringing at the anticipated screams and yells from the opposing red team.

"well, i'm definitely not doing that." phaedra mumbled to herself, not too quietly since percy laughed amusingly from beside luke at her mindless comment.

"the first team to retrieve the opposing flag and return it across the river shall be the victor." chiron explained. "as always, there will be no maiming and no killing. I trust these rules will be respected. any magical items you may possess are permitted as well. every camper who is not injured has to play, prisoners may be disarmed but may not be bound or gagged."

"let the games begin!" the conch shell blew as both teams began branching out.

"all right, we have 20 minutes before the second conch and game on. you know what you're doing?" annabeth approached luke as phaedra stood beside her silently watching the small interaction annabeth was having with her crush.

"yes ma'am." luke nodded, but was stopped by annabeth smiling slightly.

"today feel like a winning kind of day to you?"
she asked. "i'll see you on the other side." he grinned back.

"not you sunshine." Annabeth pulled Percy back before he could follow the older boy. "you're with us. come on let's go." she walked away pulling both phaedra and percy.

"yes mom." Phaedra sardonically replied.

the trio walked along a pathway and in the forests, the two girls in the front annabeth quietly going over the plan to phaedra. she didn't want to do it, but knew that she had to— if not for percy then for annabeth.

suddenly, percy fell on the ground, the weight of the armor being too heavy for his liking.

the two girls stood there, one looked as if she'd burst out of laughter any second now— and the other just stared with a stoic expression.

"well, thank you for— you know, just standing there." percy grunted as he struggled to get up.

"take care of him." annabeth said before turning and walking away.