02. 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐲.ᐟ

[child of aphrodite?]

❛ People are like stained-glass windows

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.

✦ .     ⁺  . ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦

𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 phaedra was apollos 'favorite' daughter for no reason. and she didn't like that, she didn't like to be underestimated. but it was true. it was a mystery to why apollo had claimed her as his favorite.

she didn't have good combat skills— atleast not as good as others might have, she wasn't that good at fighting either not that she needed to. phaedra was good at archery though— she was almost the best archer at camp, but still, this couldn't be the reason he had chosen her.

her father favorited her by granting her a special gift. or so she thought it was him. apollo is mostly associated with the power of prophecy. He bestows the gift of prophecy on his lovers and favorites— and he chose his daughter. the power to heal, shapeshift, and eternal youth was passed down onto phaedra. for no reason.

'he' had also given her the weird power— if you shall name it, it would be that. she would get signs of approaching something that's missing but not really knowing what. what signs? who knows. what thing? who knows.

she'd been seeing dreams of her father talking about it and that she would have to make a decision— it would either lead to good or bad.

it creeped phaedra out, also confused her. she'd always have this unsettling feeling after dreams like these, something was not right, it was unclear what the message was. but maybe one certain person could soon help figure it out.

✦ .     ⁺  . ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦

"bullseye." luke clapped proudly as phaedra delicately shot her fired up at the end pearly white arrow right in the center of the target.

"again." phaedra smiled, she picked up another arrow from the quiver and handed it to a nervous looking percy. luke and percy were trying to find his 'glory' and frankly they were as far as the underworld from finding it. for now. and phaedra decided to tag along curious of this newfound pursuit.

percy took the arrow hesitantly, one wrong move and everything could go south. "thank you..?"

"oh, right. phaedra, daughter of—"