05. 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐚.ᐟ

[the consensus again]

❛ You may gaze at her reflection, In still waters of the lake but don't look at her directly Or death will be your fate ❜

You may gaze at her reflection, In still waters of the lake but don't look at her directly
Or death will be your fate

𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 known for her credulous nature— she could easily trust someone, and then get fooled. And then the one person phaedra thought she trusted the most, fooled her. That was the last straw she thought, she was no longer getting tricked. she was too trusting and people took advantage of that— even her own father.

now she was more than ever determined to find that bolt, because she was not a weak person her father had made her up to be.

the three demigods looked around the place grover lead them to— it had stone statues displayed all over. phaedra walked up to one of the statues carefully analyzing it, it was a woman and she looked petrified— literally.

"aunty 'em has a garden full of petrified stone folks, yeah this is someone from our world all right." annabeth spoke. "anyone wanna guess what em is short for?"

"I have a theory." phaedra grimaced, there was only one demigod—dead or alive who could have created a cluster of frozen statues.

as the group turned back to leave, they were met by a fury. not again. percy quickly pulled out his pen— transforming it into a sword and stepping in front of phaedra, ready to face the monster as she spoke. "you two should have accepted my offer, when you had the chance." pointing her claws towards annabeth and phaedra.

"offer? what offer is she talking about?" percy asked looking at the two girls— who where avoiding eye contact at all costs.

"not today friends, not on my doorstep." a woman approached, making the fury quickly hide its face.

"oh shoot." annabeth, phaedra and grover copied the furies actions and closed their eyes, percy only stood there dumbstruck looking at the woman, causing the apollo girl— phaedra to hit his arm to make him turn around.

"if you have something to resolve, why not come in and i'll help?" medusa offered. "alecto, will you be joining us?" of course alecto didn't respond she was too afraid to do anything and yet she had no problem taunting little children.

"no, well i didn't think you would. she won't bother you as long as you're with me. but it isn't as though she will leave either, not if it means reporting that she failed to retrieve the son of poseidon."

"how did you—" percy opened his eyes, turning to look at medusa at the mention.

"a forbidden child has been claimed. how long did you think that secret would keep? it's a pleasure to meet you son of poseidon. i'm medusa." she introduced.