Opening for a Job

Author note: BF/N means Best friend's name. I am using they/them pronouns for them as to not misgender your besties!

"Hello? Earth to Y/N!"

I snapped back into reality, realising where I was. I was in a café with BF/N, who really wanted to talk to me about 'something important'... and here I was zoning out only mere moments ago.
"Sorry BF/N. What were you talking about?", I asked them. They huffed in a joking annoyance and rolled their eyes as they shoved a piece of paper across the table and towards me. I grabbed the piece of paper and glass of water, quickly skimming over the brief details on the piece of paper.

'To whomever it may concern, we at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzaplex have an opening for a job. We will specify details at interviews. If you are interested in the position, please contact (xxxx-xxx-xxx).'

"I think, Y/N, it's time you started living your own. They can't control you forever, and I think this should be your first step forward.", BF/N smiled reassuringly. I looked up from the piece of paper, a little hesitant. "Yeah... but what if-", I started to say before they put their hand over my mouth. "NO 'but what if's. They don't control you. Start living your life, Y/N! This is a small step towards freedom, but a necessary one. At least go for an interview!", they pleaded before uncovering my mouth. I looked at them, before nodding slightly. BF/N's eyes sparkled as they enveloped me in a tight hug. "I'll contact them later today", I say gently as I tap their arm.

The least I can do is make them happy, so I'll do this for them... maybe it won't go bad... but I need to make sure that those people don't find out. BF/N lets me out of the hug, almost bouncing in excitement. "I'm so glad that you've agreed! Also, you don't need to contact them... I may have gotten a little excited when finding out about this and organised an interview time for you?", they sheepishly giggle. "WHAT?!", I ask, raising my voice slightly. Why would they organise this without even checking if I was going to go? What would they have done if I said no? I sigh and quietly mutter 'of course you did'. "Your interview in a couple of hours, so we need to go to yours... no, we can go to mine! I have clothes that'll fit you and make you look fantastic!", they grinned. I don't like that grin...

I was rushed out of the café, being dragged behind BF/N who was practically running. I ran with them, still lagging behind them as we ran to their house. We got to the house, pausing momentarily as they unlocked the front door and opened it before stepping inside. I walked inside, trying to catch my breath before I closed the door and started being dragged again. BF/N dragged me towards their bathroom, before pushing me inside and closing the door behind me.

"You have a shower, freshen up a little! Don't take too long though!", they yelled through the door. And this is why I'm glad I have been to your house, BF/N. If I hadn't, then I'd be screwed. I walked over to the shower, turning on the water and letting it heat up while I undressed. I walked into the warm water of the shower, steam floating and meeting the ceiling slightly. I hummed a tune to myself as I felt the water fall down my skin and washed myself. About 5 minutes later I turned the water off, all the soap suds completely off me. The steam was billowing as I walked out of the shower and dried myself with the spare towel BF/N always keeps in their bathroom. I put my undergarments on, before wrapping myself in the towel and walking towards BF/N's room. Let's hope they don't make me look bad or something like that.