Why Don't You Stay

Chay isn’t going to go

Chay isn’t going to go. he isn’t. he isn’t going to go, no matter how many bloody texts he gets from tankhun about it, because he's broken when they parted ways and chay is over it, he’s over it, and he isn’t going to suddenly go and watch a bloody concert and possibly talk to the one person who made him feel truly himself—

fuck.

Chay drags his hands over his face and lets out a long, frustrated groan. why did it all have to be so fucking complicated? he slumps down on the edge of bed. he isn’t going to go.

Absentmindedly, he picks up his phone, scrolling through a wall of notifications from tankhun, all of them saying something along the lines of ‘come on mini P, just go’ and ‘he wants you there’ and ‘please atleast for your phi you can go naa’.

then Chay’ entire body stills as a new text chimes at the top of the screen.

Please come. - K

and shit. Chay isn’t that heartless.

besides, it’s not even a big deal, is it? because chay is over it. he is so unbelievably over it.

it’s fine. this is all so fucking fine.

                              ******

The concert had been really good so far. the small, petty part of chay doesn’t want to admit that he’s actually been enjoying himself. the beer is good, the crowd’s energy is electric, and Ki—everyone is having fun.

the crowd is cheering as the final strums of guitar in ‘hide’ echo throughout the arena, and chay doesn’t brush wetness from his eyes because he is not crying.

and then—

those chords. he knows what it is immediately and—oh.

he never looked at the setlist because he had been trying to avoid it all, but this—

fuck.

Chay takes a deep breath. this isn’t going to affect him. logically, he tells himself, there’s no reason it would. because he is long, long over it.

so therefore, logically speaking, it makes absolutely zero sense that chay’ heart feels like it’s twisting so painfully that it might splinter apart in his chest. it doesn’t make sense that chay has to cling to the ledge of the vip box like it’s the only thing keeping him tethered to life.

it doesn’t make sense that chay practically spontaneously combusts as he looks all the way down to the stage, that raw, low voice ringing in his ears, and finds those dark eyes staring directly into his own.

and it’s not fucking fair because those gorgeous eyes that he loves so much won’t stop fucking staring into his soul as that raspy voice sings.

Lost in your eyes, there was no place I could hide
Take me inside and let me live in your mind
No pain tonight, this place is reserved for only you and I