Part 5: All along the Tower of desire

As the Seeker and the mysterious stranger stand at the crossroads, they decide to move forward on the right path. The further they progress, it seems as if the atmosphere is shifting. The clouds get darker. The grassland turns into a Savannah. Trees turn into stumps. It's as if the two companions enter into an uncanny valley.

With great interest, the Seeker examines the red mask in their hand, not noticing, that the mysterious stranger is trying to converse with them:

"...And this is exactly the reason, why the ego is actually a frozen waffle brand from... Hey do you even listen, Seeker?"

"It's whispering to me," mumbles the Seeker. "This strange mask... the one from the monster. What do you think... Should I wear it? Will it give me some extra buffs?"

 Should I wear it? Will it give me some extra buffs?"

"Nah, not really," negates the mysterious stranger. "It's utterly useless. Just some unnecessary weight to carry around. Better drop the mask."

"No I won't," responds the Seeker infuriated, holding the the mask tightly at their chest. "This is MY mask. I found it. I won it in battle. I won't just give it up!"

"Alright, alright," the mysterious stranger backs down. "It's up to you. Do with it what you want. I am not imposing anything on you. However, you should be aware of its danger. You see, it's easy to become attached. Attachment leads consequently to the fear of losing.

And once you have tasted attachment, you will soon desire more. Better, greater, more pleasurable attachments. You see... We are using attachments to escape from our suffering. Unable to face our pain directly, we continue to hunt one shallow pleasure after the next. Always trying to fill a hole, that we can't escape from.