Part 6: To face your fears, you must understand them

6

6. To face your fears, you must understand them

The Seeker runs. Without a destination, just running through an unknown land. The distance to the black tower is growing ever larger and larger. Until it's just a small point in the background. The Seeker runs through desert land, gazing at the dark clouds above. Where the Seeker runs, there is no path, no vegetation. Only sand and dust. After hours and hours of running, the Seeker gets exhausted. Tired, they let themselves fall on the desert floor.

They look around them. Something is off. The clouds above aren't moving. As still, as mountains. Even the wind is silent. As the Seeker becomes aware of their surroundings, they realize, that the desert floor is completely flat. No hills, no pits, not even sand dunes. The entire desert is completely even, flat plains of sand all around them. Not even in the distance are irregularities visible. Where are the mountain ranges gone? The tower? The sand stones? Where are they?

 Where are the mountain ranges gone? The tower? The sand stones? Where are they?

The Seeker can't tell, from which direction they came. Wherever they look, it's all the same. A sudden feeling of loneliness. Fear is creeping up into the Seekers consciousness. Are they all alone? Is there no way back? Where should they go? What should they do?

"Hello," shouts the Seeker into the stillness of the odd desert. The words echo back. "Is anyone here?" No reply, only Echo. The Seeker loses track of time. Nothing happens around them. They notice their thoughts repeating, like a scratched record.

"Hello, can anyone hear me," they scream even louder. No response. Just the echo in between the silence.

The Seeker walks around in circles. Repeating the same cries for help over and over again. Only Echo. They scratch their head, walk around, cry for help, then they scratch their head again. Repeating the same pattern over and over.

 Repeating the same pattern over and over