Part 12: The Nature of the Self

"Tell me, Stranger, who am I?" asks the Seeker the mysterious stranger, as the two companions walk towards the ancient sandstone obelisk. There are runic inscriptions and cryptic symbols etched into it. The mysterious stranger takes a double look, as he recognizes a familiar sign stating:

'You are now entering the land of truth'

"Are you still there?" asks the Seeker, tearing him back into the present moment.

The mysterious stranger sighs deeply. Tired eyes. He takes a deep inhale.

"Are you really ready to hear the answer?" questions the mysterious stranger.

The Seeker looks at the mysterious stranger with uncertainty. They don't know what to say. The Seeker remains silent, as the companions walk into a pine wood forest.

The mysterious stranger continues:

"You ask, who 'you' are... But what even is this 'YOU', what is this 'SELF'? Let us find out first, what this 'SELF' actually is. How it works, how it functions. Let us question the unquestionable. Let us observe the un-observable."

As the mysterious stranger and the Seeker delve further into the dark forest, they find a decked table with cutlery, plates, fruits and food. Neither the Seeker, nor the mysterious stranger are hungry. They proceed through the forest, leaving the scene behind.

The Seeker had an eerie feeling, when they saw the table in the forest. As if they had seen this happening in a dream before.

"Where is this Self located," asks the mysterious stranger the Seeker

"In my head," responds the Seeker. "Somewhere within the neural network of my brain cells."