nine

it had been a month since the incident.

billie had been doing much better. she broke up with kobe, has been hanging around friends and family more.

hanging out with maya more.

in conclusion, life was good.

winter break just started and the friend group was at finneas's and his girlfriend claudia's house. claudia was hosting a little winter get together.

they were in the living room playing "never have i ever"

"ok never have i ever cheated" claudia said. zoe, ricky and denzel held "i have" cards while the rest held up "never" cards.

each side judged each other. "i just don't see how you can cheat on someone who loves you" ariana argued.

"it's just a simple mistake" zoe argued back. "how? literally how can your sexual desire overshadow your love for someone" finneas said.

"when they're not giving you enough it's pretty fucking easy" ricky said. "if you cheat on someone you do not love them" claudia said.

maya & denzel just laughed. maya looked over at billie and noticed discomfort. "uh guys can we just move to the next question" maya said.

the argument came to a stop and everyone moved on.

some minutes passed by and they decided to eat. there was turkey, macaroni, baked beans, etc.

"claudia you put your entire butthole into this food" denzel said between chews. claudia choked on her turkey.

maya bust out laughing. billie joined with her, then everyone else but denzel joined also.

"what?" he said confused.

they finished up their eating and went christmas tree shopping for finneas's house. "why can't we just go to walmart" zoe said as they pulled up.

"because that's tacky, and claudia is an elegant woman" ricky said. "i know that's right" claudia said agreeing.

"alright everyone split up and find a tree they think will suit the house and whoever gets the most votes wins" claudia said. everyone agreed and went their separate ways.

ricky & zoe paired up, denzel with ariana, claudia with finneas, and maya with billie.

"all these trees look the same" billie said. "i disagree" maya said. "literally what difference do you see"

"well this one says trashy" maya said pointing at one tree. "but this one says classy" maya said pointing at another tree.

billie "hmmed".

"and this one" maya said touching a tree. "matches your eyes"

"but it's green...my eyes are blue" billie said confused.

maya looked in her eyes. "sometimes they change based on your mood. when you're at peace they're blue, when you're sad they're green"

billie shared eye contact with maya. "i think you're the only person who sees me"

maya smiled. "i think we should choose this one" she said referring to the tree that matched billie's eyes. "me too" billie said smiling.

they met up with the rest to decide which tree. "ok so this one says elegant, but not full of yourself" ricky said pointing at a picture of a tree on his phone.

"nah nah THIS one says i'm rich and idgaf" denzel said pointing at a picture of a tree on his phone.

claudia rolled her eyes. "please tell me you guys picked something good" she said desperately. maya pulled out her phone to show the pic.

"this one matches billie's eyes, and i know how much she means to finneas" maya said while smiling.

claudia and finneas shared eye contact while smiling. "this is the one" they agreed.

"oh of course she goes for the simp" zoe joked. maya laughed. they went to find the tree with a worker to cut it down.

they were now back at the house and decorating the tree. christmas music was playing and they had hot chocolate.

claudia noticed maya and billie being touchy with each other. "finneas can you help me with something in the kitchen" "sure" he said.

"do you see them" claudia said pointing to maya and billie. "yeah" finneas said back.

"i'm really grateful for maya" finneas said approvingly. "yeah me too" claudia agreed.

they came back to a finished tree. "this so beautiful guys thank you so much for the help" claudia said. the group clapped.

"cheers" finneas said holding his mug up. everyone else raised their mugs.

"cheers to..." finneas stopped. "i actually don't know" "cheers to" claudia started. the group didn't know what to cheer to.

"cheers to a new life" billie said. maya smiled at her. "to a new life"

"to a new life!" they all said.