ten

school started again. lots of people requested schedule changes in the first semester, but couldn't get it until the second.

"fucking finally she changed my 6th." billie said to maya. they were walking to 1st period. "did they change yours?" billie asked.

"nah i didn't ask" maya replied. billie nodded. "i'm just glad they didn't change my first period" billie said while looking up at maya and smiling.

"me too" maya said while smiling and agreeing.

time passed and it was time for 6th period. billie struggled to find the class but eventually found it.

she bumped into someone coming in.

"oh sorry" billie said. "you good" the girl said.

they looked at each other.

it was danielle.

they just stared at each other. danielle looked a bit scared while billie looked angry. "are you guys going to come in" the teacher said. they both nodded and entered the class.

danielle went first and sat by a boy.

a certain boy.

a boy billie had been trying to get away from the past 2 months.

kobe.

billie could've fainted at that sight. she thought she'd escaped this duo for the rest of her life, but she didn't.

kobe and billie shared eye contact. kobe waved but billie quickly found a seat far behind them.

kobe tried to look back but danielle moved his face to the side and kissed him. she kept her eyes on billie to make her jealous.

billie felt like she was going to puke, but she kept her cool because she wasn't going to let kobe take her down anymore.

time passed by quickly enough and it was 7th period.

billie kept her cool only long enough for 6th period. she rushed into the gym's bathroom to cry.

maya walked into the gym looking for her. "hey have you seen billie" she asked a random person. they shook their head no.

she entered the changing room which was next to the bathroom. "billie" she yelled. she heard billie crying in a stall.

she knocked, to which billie never answered. "billie i know that's you" maya said still knocking.

"i can smell your vanilla perfume"

billie chuckled through her tears. "come on no one's around let me in" billie hesitated but let her in. maya noticed the red in her eyes.

"whats wrong beautiful?" she asked. billie sniffed. "kobe and danielle are in my 6th period" she broke down. maya looked sympathetic.

"come here" maya said holding out her arms for a hug. she rubbed her back and kissed her head multiple times.

"i thought i was over them" billie said while crying into mayas shirt. "it's only been 2 months billie and this is more than just your shitty bf you thought she was your best friend too, you lost more than 1 person" maya said reassuringly.

billie felt comforted knowing she wasn't crazy, it was just in her head. "you could be like a therapist" billie joked. maya laughed.

maya held her head up and made eye contact. "you know what i said the night of your birthday?" maya asked. billie nodded.

"i meant it" maya said.

she then kissed billie's forehead and brought her in for another hug. billie was in the crook of her neck and smelled mayas cologne. it turned her on.

she sniffed it and closed her eyes in bliss.

"you like that?"

billie's eyes widened and she quickly backed up, almost tripping. maya caught her with one arm and pulled her inches away from her face.

"you good"

billie nodded looking at mayas lips.

maya noticed and smiled. "good"

they came out of the bathroom to get ready for pe. "why'd you bring your guitar" billie asked noticing the guitar by mayas backpack.

"i have to play at mariachiles straight after school" maya answered. "oh can i come?" billie asked.

"of course. it starts at 4" billie nodded.

class ended and everyone went into their assigned changing rooms. "ok i gotta go to practice, see you there?" maya said.

"yeah see you there" billie said back.

it was 7pm and billie was pulling up the mariachiles. she was going to invite zoe again, but she wanted this to herself.

"welcome back miss eilish, how many people will be seated today" the worker said. billie looked confused because she recognized billie but that wasn't the same worker from the first night she came.

"maya told me about you" the worker said realizing her confusion. billie smirked.

"one please" she replied back. "right this way"

the worker led billie to a table. "ok and before i go you should know whatever you order is on the house, per ms germains orders" the worker said before walking off.

billie rolled her eyes playfully. a waitress came and took billie's orders. she ordered a salad with fries and a sprite.

"and ms eilish would also like a lava cake" maya said coming up behind the waitress. "yes ms germain" the waitress said writing the order down and walking away.

billie pursed her lips to the side. "you didn't have to put my order on the house" "don't worry about it sweetheart" maya said back.

it only took a second for billie to notice mayas outfit. her hair was messy and in her face again. she had on a white wife beater with black cargo pants & black work boots.

she matched it with excessive jewelry. billie was in a trance. mayas muscles were perfectly exposed. billie was feeling things she never felt before.

"hey maya you're up in 5" mayas cousin came and said to her, pulling billie out of her trance. "ok bro" maya said.

"oh by the way this is billie, billie this is my cousin alejandro, but we call him ali for short" maya said introducing them to each other. they shook each others hand. "ok gotta go" maya said walking backstage.

"you know she talks about you a lot" ali said sitting down. "really? billie asked surprised. ali nodded.

"you know before she moved her i could've sworn she would never fall in love again, but you proved me wrong."

billie's face went blank. ali realized what he said.

"in love?" billie asked.

the lights turned low because it was time for maya to perform. billie looked around still thinking of what ali said. she looked back over to his seat, to which he wasn't sitting at anymore.

"hey guys i'm maya as you know and i'm going to be singing for you guys again" maya said into the mic. the crowd cheered.

she strummed her guitar to the first notes of chanel by frank ocean. billie rotated to see her better. they made eye contact every now and then.

maya then stared at her.

it's really you on my mind. it's really you on my mind. it's really you, it's really you on my mind.

she sang.