twenty four

"who is emily?" ricky asked.

"my ex" emily answered blankly.

emily got on stage with a electric guitar.

"hello everybody my name is emily" she said.

she looked around the crowd at everybody. when she noticed maya, her whole attitude changed.

she smirked seeing billie there too.

"let's go" maya said to the group. "but i'm still eating" ricky complained.

"we'll get a fucking to go plate lets go ricky" maya yelled.

emily started playing "want u back" by cher llyod.

ricky scoffed. "oh no she didn't" ricky said. "oh yes she did" zoe said back.

"you gotta be fucking kidding me" maya sighed.

billie turned around to see emily play.

now i see you've been hanging out
with that other girl in town
looking like a pair of clowns clowns clowns

emily sang and casually made eye contact with billie.

"baby don't look let's just go" maya said grabbing billie's arm. billie sighed.

ricky kept eating his food. "ricky lets go" maya said. ricky smacked his teeth. "fine but i'm finishing this drink on the way out" he said grabbing the cup.

the group started sliding out the booth. they headed for the door but on the way ricky parted and headed for the stage, no one noticed though.

"hey you can't be up he-" emily started.

the group looked at the stage and ricky was standing there with an empty glass and emily with a soaked face.

billie's eyes widened while maya gasped.

ricky turned to the mic and said "don't let this good voice bitch fool you shes a whore"

"security!" ali yelled.

two men with all black grabbed ricky off the stage and led him to the door.

"hey hey he's mine back off" maya said.

they let go of ricky. ali squinted when he noticed ricky and maya were friends.

"come on let's get out of here" maya chuckled.

they headed out the restaurant door laughing at what just happened.

"yo maya" ali yelled. the group turned around. ali caught up with them.

"a word" ali asked then looked around. "alone" he finished looking at maya.

maya sighed and followed ali. "wanna explain what the fuck just happened?" ali asked.

"wanna explain why the fuck my ex girlfriend is staying with you?" maya asked back.

"she needed a place to stay"

"there's shelters for that"

"why do you have to be so heartless"

"why do you have to be so dumb"

"what did she even do to make you hate her so bad?"

"why does it matter!" maya snapped.

mayas eyes started tearing up. "we're so supposed to be family for god's sake why are you taking her side"

"i feel sorry for her"

"why ali why?"

"because"

"because what?"

"because i have feelings for her ok"

mayas mouth was agape in shock then she scoffed.

maya nodded in disbelief. "be careful with her bro" she said before walking off.

she approached the group once again.

"hey what was that all about" billie asked. "nothing let's just go" she said walking to her car.

"i'll call you later" zoe said to billie. they all exchanged goodbyes and went their separate ways.