CHAPTER 14

There was a time, I wanted to become famous.

Back in the old days, I was always impressed by those who encountered an outstanding success even if they started from nothing. My parents did everything to make sure I didn't miss anything, but I wanted to prove to them that I could be something.

I wanted to show them that I could be someone.

That's all I dreamed of when I was a teenager. My high school years were not that exciting. People saw me as a pretty girl and nothing else.

I am more than just a pretty face. I wanted to become an archaeologist, stylist, photographer, musician. But, they only remembered one thing – my job as a model. Those who ignored me at school had drastically changed their behavior towards me. Suddenly they had become more nice, more friendly, more tactile. At first, I thought they understood that I was not just Yu Jimin, one of the pretty girls in high school. I had really hoped that they had stopped seeing me as just a pretty girl.

I was wrong.

They just wanted to be my friend to brag about it.

Krystal was the only one who didn't care about my popularity. She sees me as someone who loves to eat donkatsu at midnight, not a famous model.

For all these years, I turn down people to hang out with her. Therefore, I met her friends: Ning and Yunjin. I had a hard time trusting them in the beginning but they were patient with me. After a while, I got used to their presence and began to be comfortable around them. Aeri came into my life a few months later. She was my assistant and her angelic smile and innocent face made me want to be friends with her.

As for Minjeong, she was here since the beginning. I never had difficulties to communicate with her because we naturally get along really well. Even if her coming out bothers me much, she is not a bad person. I watch her grow and I have to admit that I had a hard time realizing that she's not a baby anymore. I can see that she is no longer the same little girl who loved to watch Frozen with a soft teddy bear in her arms.

She became taller, more mature and above all, prettier.

Last week my manager teased me that I should be careful of Minjeong because she continues to gain popularity among teenagers. He's got a point. Her face is starting to get known and I wouldn't even be surprised if people say her beauty is the new revelation of the year.

I've seen a hundred of beautiful girls around the world, but Minjeong has something more. I don't know if it comes from her big brown eyes or her plump lips. In any case, she is easily distinguished from other girls, and it is the best asset that one can have when working in a modeling agency.

I should see Minjeong as a rival, but when I look at her round doe eyes, my body relaxes. And, that's what's happening right now. My gaze softens while Jeno tightens his grip on my wrist.

"I'm not talking to you," he throws a death glare at Minjeong as if she was one of those boys who came to flirt with me before dragging me to collide into his chest.

They used to get along well when I dated him but since the cheating thing happened, Minjeong likes to make slick comments about him.

"Let go of me. You're hurting me," I tell him and try to push him.

"You will leave me if I let you go. I deserve a second chance."

I have known him for years, we shared a lot of memories together and I can tell that he missed our little happy moments. If I think about it, I was always laughing when I was hanging out with him and we would watch a bunch of movies late at night. It was a good time but sometimes, it's better to leave things as they are. I'm starting to think that I was in love with idea of love – not him.