CHAPTER 49

JIMIN

"Relax, unnie. It's all going to be fine," Ningning says while massaging my shoulder to soothe me.

I appreciate her effort, but she's making me feel even more stressed and anxious. Hands trembling, I stare at myself in front of the mirror and let out a deep sigh. Usually, I'm pretty good at handling a stressful circumstance, but this time, it's different.

Today is my first date with Minjeong.

And of course, I'm nervous about it. I want everything to be perfect, but I'm afraid that something bad might happen. I didn't sleep last night because I made a bunch of scenarios in my head of what our first date will be.

Some of them were good, but most of them ended up with my parents getting mad at me.

"How do I look?" I turn around to show her my outfit.

I remembered Minjeong telling me that she liked it when I wore oversized clothes. As a result, I searched in my dressing the white sweater she complimented a few years ago.

"Minjeong's gonna fall in love with you for the hundredth time," she winks at me.

I'm not used to her teasing about me and Minjeong, but I guess I have to get used to it as soon as possible because she loves embarrassing me lately. With cheeks flushed, I glare at her and throw her one of my pillows. She laughs and falls back on my bed.

"I hate you," I casually state.

She shoots me a smirk before saying, "Your face is so red, that's so cute!"

I roll my eyes and turn around to fix my favorite bracelet. It was a gift from Yunjin on my twenty-one's birthday. The design and the material are simple, but it means a lot to me. I feel like everywhere I go, she will always be there to watch over me.

I wonder what would have been her reaction to my relationship with Ningning, but I'm sure she would be happy for us.

"Are you nervous?" I hear Ningning ask me.

Of course, I'm nervous. I want this night to be perfect for Minjeong. My whole body is filled with stress from anticipation because I'm afraid that something bad will happen during our date. Her almond eyes catch mine and I feel like she's reading all of my worries in an instant because she stops smiling the second after.

"What if someone sees us? I-... I don't think I'm ready to come out yet, I... I'm still scared, Ning. I'm so frustrating. Minjeong has always shown her support for everything I have undertaken while I can't even hold her hands in public. I just... I don't think I deserve her," I admit and run my hand through my long brown hair.

Ningning gets up from my bed and walks towards me to put her hands on my shoulders.

"You both deserve each other, okay? There's nothing bad about taking things slowly because you need this. I'm sure Minjeong understands that and she's still willing to wait for you. No one is expecting you guys to have sex tonight," she says.

Her latest words warm my cheeks. I slap her arm while she pretends to be shocked.

I roll my eyes, "You have no shame."

She chuckles and smirks.

"This is too much fun! It's weird to think that you two are now dating, but I ain't complaining. Minjeong always looks happier when she's around you and it's the first time that I see you so invested in a relationship."

"I just... don't want to ruin this before it has even started," I admit as I walk in the kitchen until I turn around to catch her eyes on me with a worried expression. "I feel like I won't meet her expectations... or her love will fade away as soon as we start dating."