CHAPTER 43

JIMIN

Jeno doesn't take no for an answer and that proves the fact that he's a burden in the ass. I wish I didn't give him a chance when Krystal introduced us on Thanksgiving. If I had known that he would be the one to ruin the only moment I got with Krystal in a month, I would have never dated him in the first place.

I feel so frustrated right now.

Seeing him with a nervous grin and his natural curly brown hair makes me even madder at him. He has probably no idea that he made a huge mistake by barging in there like that.

Minjeong thinks that I didn't try to reach her after the night she kissed. The truth is, I tried - a lot like thousand of times, but I always ended up freaking out and turn off my phone.

I want our reunion to be the best, but I always felt like it was either her who walk away or me because I chickened out.

Allyson told me that I needed time to figure out my feelings and even now, I feel confused and scared about myself.

"I'll let you guys talk," Minjeong adds.

With eyes wide open, I beg her to stay, but she doesn't get the signals I'm currently sending her.

She smiles at Jeno and that's the most hypocrite smile she has ever done. A few seconds later, she wasn't there anymore.

I guess one of my scenarios happened: she walked away.

I take a deep sigh and glare at him, "I'm giving you three seconds to speak."

"That's too short!" he complains making me roll my eyes.

We know each other for a long time now, but it doesn't mean that we're close. We used to, I have to admit. However, there's not a single day where I missed him since our break up. I thought we ended our relationship in good terms, but Jeno is too stubborn to admit that it's over between us. I don't love him anymore. So why am I alone with this idiot?

Oh, right I almost forgot: he swan in without telling anyone.

I clench my jaw, "What do you want?"

He takes a step closer to me.

"I'm still in love with you."

It seems like his purpose in life is to come at least every six months to say the same thing. I wonder if Krystal has something to do with it. Since he's the best friend of Jared, she always wanted us to get back together and will live happily together.

"And I don't," I retort. "We broke up years ago, Jeno! I dumped you because I wasn't happy with you, can't you take a hint?"

He frowns and puts his hand on his hips, "There's someone else, huh?"

He has no right to be possessive over me. I broke up with him because of multiple factors and his jealousy was a part of it.

"Don't ever come near me again," I warn him before leaving the bathroom.

I need to find Minjeong. There's a lot of people at the gathering of Krystal and Jared. Plus, the surroundings are unknown to me. There are so many doors on the second floor that I struggled to find the bathroom. I go downstairs as I am looking for a certain blonde girl.

I bump into someone and lift my face to see Krystal. I found a Kim, but not the one that I want.

"Sorry, have you seen Minjeong?" we both ask at the same time.

She looks like a deer in the headlights and it would be an understatement to say that she looks suspicious. I cross my arms as she is avoiding my gaze on purpose which is a dead giveaway that there's something she's not telling me.