CHAPTER 25

JIMIN

Heart racing and hands trembling, I shut my eyes close. I don't want to hear it. The new scent lingering on the air is a mixture of peach and a foreign fragrance. It's making me feel dizzy and I don't think that's the effect of alcohol roaming in my veins. I clutch my hair when a sudden panic claws at me.

I don't want to go there.

She's just a kid, I keep telling myself but deep down, I knew she wasn't one anymore.

Who am I fooling right now? I already know the answer.

A part of me is telling me that she is still the same girl that I have always known, but the other part of me is telling me to stop fooling myself.

After all these years watching her grow, I was hoping that she would stay the same little girl who loved spending time with me.

Throat burning, I tell to myself something that I never admitted: Minjeong is not a kid. The familiar voice that I heard earlier is hers, there's no doubt about it. After all this time, I was afraid that something bad might happen to her, it turns out that I was way out of line. She's not crying for help, not even a little bit.

She's moaning of pleasure.

Hoping that I was perhaps wrong in my guessing, I shift the curtain to the side but it was the dumbest move I did in my entire existence. The darkness of the room is enlightened with a night light on the floor which makes the room a bit more cozy despite having one single bed.

I lost my breath at the sight of Minjeong's naked back in the middle of the bed with her silky strands of blonde hair falling over her soft shoulders. An intense wave of shock goes through me when I see her bouncing in a steady beat making the crook of her shoulder blades more visible. The small gasp coming from my mouth is covered by their grunting and groaning sounds.

A heave turns my stomach as I leave the room and runs to the exit. I open the door and it scares the guard, he calls me but I keep on walking. With a deep sigh, I rub my face and slap my cheek to forget the thing I just saw.

It's just a naked feminine back, I have one too. I shouldn't be flustered but just thinking about it and knowing that it's Minjeong's back is making it worse. I take a seat at the bar counter and I already feel the eyes of Sunoo and the barman on me.

"Two glass of gin," I order and the man with an apron nods his head.

"Are you okay?" Mark asks me.

I scoff, "Yeah, why?" I reply and drain the glass full of transparent alcohol.

"Because you're blushing."

I cough at his comment and tap my chest to stop it. He caught me off guard, I was not expected this at all. I'm not blushing! It's the alcohol, it must be alcohol.

"Hey guys !" Minju greets us with a smile and then, looks at our surroundings. "Have you seen Minjeong ?"

"No," responds Mark.

"She's fucking with some guy," I take this time a sip of my drink.

The two models are looking at me with eyes and mouth wide open. Minju hastens to sit beside me but I can't read her gaze. I don't know if she's pissed or happy about it. Perhaps, she's secretly in love with Minjeong because, well, I mean... look at her. Plus, they're always hanging out with each other in the agency so it won't be a shock for me.

"Are you sure?"

I sigh, "Yeah. I accidentally saw them," I say and feel my cheeks getting warm.

I made sure to have the most insensitive face and it seems to be working perfectly. Minju shares a long stare with Mark before she gets up from her chair and squeals in excitement. They make a high five while I glare at them. What's so great about it?