CHAPTER 34

MINJEONG

The first thing that came into my mind was... wow.

The way she glared at him and lower her tone to make her more intimidating. Oh, shit. She can be hella scary when she wants to. Heesung frowns and crosses his arms to make his chest more appealing. I guess he's not impressed at her icy demeanor.

"You should keep your voice down. There are people around you and I think you care about your image."

"Get out of my sight before I call the police for taking advantage of a drunk person," she threatens him but he doesn't move an inch.

Heesung retorts with a sigh, "I don't want to make a scene."

She scoffs."So why are you still standing here?"

"Chill, sis! It's my friend Heesung," Woonbin lifts his arms in the air and smiles at his sister.

He quickly sits on the sofa because he can't stand more than a second without falling miserably on the floor. He has drunk at least eight drinks of different alcohol, so I'm not surprised at his drunkenness. I told him to take it easy but he's been ignoring me about this on purpose. From his cheeks in crimson and his unsteady voice, I think he will pass out in the next thirty minutes.

Jimin slaps the back of Woonbin's head and scolds him, "You dumbass, don't take Minjeong in a bar full of perverts! You're lucky no one has taken advantage of her yet. I swear I would kill you in your sleep if that happens."

With an even harden stare, she crosses her arms against her chest and looks at Heesung.

"Let's make things clear: I don't like you. Letting them getting drunk? Are you fucking dumb? Something bad could have happened to them! What's wrong with you? Look at them for god sake! They can't even walk properly!" she pokes her index finger on Heesung's chest to accentuate her words causing him to step back.

"I'm his friend, not his father. They can do whatever they want to. I'm just here to make sure they come home safely," he justifies himself and then, points at the glass on the table. "And this is plain water. You can taste it if you don't believe me."

Heesung seems to be not scared of her even if he should be. Jimin can be quite intimidating when she is mad, and right now, she looks like she wants to punch him in the face for being arrogant.

She clenches her teeth as her gorgeous features become even more unreal, "Woonbin had an ethylic coma for five days when he was sixteen just because he had drunk more than he should have. Did you know that?"

Heesung swallows his saliva and shakes his head. I look at Jimin's brother with widened eyes while he keeps his head down low

"He doesn't tell that story because he's ashamed of it. It doesn't matter if you didn't know, you could have prevented this. I'm scolding you for letting him do careless things because I don't want to see my little brother laying on a hospital bed once again."

Woonbin had a difficult past because of his weight. He used to take different kinds of illicit drugs when he was underage and it caused his parents to consider him as the black sheep of the family. At the age of eighteen, he realized his bad habits when Jimin stole a few bottles hidden in his room to commit suicide.

No one expected this, except her. I will be forever relieved at the fact that he was the one who found her unconscious on the floor. Without him, she would have probably given her last breath from an overdose.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that," Heesung apologizes to Jimin who sighs before turning her head to me.

Disappointment is writing all over her face.