CHAPTER TWO

SWEET BUT DANGER

           SPARK CLUB

          It was a slow night at the club,the club was in full swing when a beautiful, tall, dark- haired woman walked in. She was tall and slender,with long dark hair that cascaded down her back. She was dressed in a black dress that hugged her curves perfectly and her heels clicked on the floor as she walked. Her eyes were a dim mysterious brown and her skin was flawless.
     The light of the club was dim and the music was loud, but everyone stopped what where they were doing to watch her. She moved with grace and confidence, her body flowing with the music. The men in the room watched her with hungry eyes, but she seemed completely oblivious to their stares. She walked straight to the dance floor, and danced seductively around the pole, her every moves captivating the crowd. People began to cheer and applaud, mesmerized by her beauty and talent.
       As the mysterious woman continue to dance, a middle aged man in the VIP area noticed her, he was instantly captivated by her beauty and grace. He couldn't take his eyes off of her, and he watched her every move with fascination. As the night went on, the woman noticed the man watching her, she looked at him with a coy smile, enjoying the attention she has gotten from her target and she was loving every minute of it.
      The woman danced closer and closer to the man, teasing him with her movements. He felt his heart racing, his mind clouded by her beauty. Suddenly, she stopped dancing and walked over to him. He felt his breath catch in his throat as she looked him in the eye.
       "Can I buy you a drink?" she asked, her voice low and seductive. His eyes lit up "sure" he said, his voice a little rough and hoarse. " I'd love a drink, what's your name?" she turned to the bartender and said, " a glass of cherry vodka for me and a strong spirit for him". " You can call me Violet", she said responding to his question. " What's your name"?" he gave a sly grin. " You can call me Jack Henderson". he said, his eyes never leaving her face " It's nice to meet you, Violet".
      Violet knew she had to keep things light and flirtatious, but she also needed to get information from him. She smiled and sipped her drink trying to appear relaxed and confident. "So, what brings you here tonight?" she asked, her eyes locked on his. "I could ask you the same question", he replied, trying to sound confident. She laughed, " Touche, you got me there". She took a sip of her drink, her eyes never leaving his. "So, Jack" she said, " what do you do far a living?" Jack smiled, a hint of pride in his eyes. "I'm in finance" he said, his voice smooth and confident. " I'm a very successful man, if I do say so myself" she feigned interest, trying to draw him in. " Oh really?" she said her eyes wide.  " What's is it like to be so successful?" "it's not easy" Jack said but it's definitely rewarding", Jack continued. " There is nothing like the feeling of closing a big deal, or seeing your bank account grow by millions". He paused, looking at her. " What about you? what do you do?" She answered, " I'm a dancer", without hesitation trying to sound casual. "A dancer, huh? Jack said his eyes lighting up. " What kind of dancing do you do?". She winked flirtatiously and asked, "what type do you think, do you want me to perform for you privately?" His eyes lit up as he hurriedly handed her his tag to his private VIP room in the club and said, "meet me in two minutes" and left. She looked around and went in the same direction as him.

       VIP ROOM 207

          Jack sat on the bed almost unclad as Violet stepped out of the bathroom, wearing a silky black robe, she walked seductively towards him, her eyes not leaving his. The air thick with tension, as different thoughts go through their minds.
Jack became impatient as Violet slowly advanced towards the bed, he grabbed her and slammed his lips on hers, kissing her roughly, Violet responded with the same pace, their tongues colliding with each other."    
         " Easy dear", Violet laughed. "I'm all yours tonight", she said as she pulled out of the kiss. But Jack wasn't having any of it as he reached out to untie the strap of her robe. "Go wash up", Violet said. Jack reluctantly went into the bathroom, him being out of sight, Violet slipped a pill into his glass of champagne. Few seconds later, jack rushed out of the bathroom, "wow, you were so fast", Violet laughed. " I can't wait to have you", Jack responded. Let's make a toast to tonight " Violet said.
Violet watched with a smirk as Jack gulped down the whole content impatiently. He jumped on her, kissing her roughly not knowing what awaits him that night.
Instantly, Jack began to feel dizzy and intoxicated, confused not knowing what's happening to him until he lost control of himself and his will power." What's the password of the safe", Violet asked. "GOMEZ", he answered senselessly.
Violet walked towards the wardrobe and took the briefcase, leaving the room with a smile knowing she has accomplished her mission. Getting outside the club, a car was already waiting for her, she entered the car and they drove off.

ADRIANA KINGS APARTMENT

Molly got down from her car and walked to Adriana's front door and rang the doorbell. she waited for few minutes but there was no answer. Molly was starting to get worried, she knew that Adriana was usually home at this time and it was unlike her to not answer the door. Molly decided to try knocking instead, and she rapped on the door several times. Still, there was no response. She peered through the window, but the curtains were drawn. She was beginning to feel uneasy. Just then, she heard a noise from the side of the house. It sounded like a window being opened. Molly's heart started to race. As Molly moved towards the sound, she saw a shadow moving through the trees
Her heart was pounding in her chest. She didn't know what to do, should she run, or try to find out who was there? Then she heard a voice. "Hello? Is anyone there? " It was a woman's voice, and it sounded familiar.
       "Adriana?" Molly called out. "Is that you?" A moment later, Adriana appeared from around the corner of the house. She was out of breath, and her clothes were disheveled. "Oh my gosh, Molly", she said, "You scared me".
As Molly looked at Adriana, she noticed that she was wearing running shoes and carrying a bag. " What were you doing out there?" She asked. "I went for a run", Adriana said, catching her breath. "I was trying to clear my head and use the opportunity to get beer". Molly raised an eyebrow, " At this hour?" She asked. "In the dark?". Adriana looked sheepish.
       "I know it sounds crazy , but I just needed to get out of the house for a bit. I've been feeling so cooped up". "You know you could have called me", Molly said. "You're right, I could have called you". Adriana said. " But I guess I just needed to be alone for a little while. It's been a crazy day". She paused, then added, "Come inside, I'll make us dinner. Molly followed Adriana into the house still feeling a bit uneasy. She wasn't sure what to make of Adriana's strange behavior. But she trusted her friend, so she let it  go. They sat down at the kitchen table to make dinner.
         Molly was going through her phone while Adriana made dinner. Breaking the silence, Adriana asked, "How is Dan". "Things seemed to be going well but I noticed that he has been acting a bit strange". She answered. " Strange as how?" , Adriana asked. "He is always acting secretive about his phone and would often disappear for hours without explanation. I've tried to brush it off, but the doubts kept gnawing at me. I'm starting to get worried". She said. "That's confirms my doubt on him, he is cheating on you clearly" Adriana said whisking the eggs. " I doubt that maybe he is just hooked up with work because of his recent promotion" Molly said. Adriana said, "Keep doubting Ms prosecutor, I rest my case". Molly laughed it off. "Well", Molly said, "Why don't we finish up dinner and then head to bed, it sounds like you could use a good night sleep". Adriana nodded . The two of them finished up their dinner and said goodnight. As they retired to the room, Adriana felt a little lighter. She knew that she still had somethings to figure out.