CHAPTER FIVE

BEHIND THE TWO IDENTITIES

          Adriana entered the dark room, her black gown billowing around her. She wore high heels, her long black hair cascading down her back, almost to her waist. The room was cold, and she could feel the chill through her dress. But she didn't care about the cold- all she care about is finding the meaning of that message. She walked into the other part of the room, her heels clinked against the stone floor, echoing through the room. The sound seemed to echo off the walls, growing louder and louder until it felt like it was ringing in her ear.
        As Adriana walked, the other girls in the room turned to look at the person coming, they all had the same dark hooded robes and they stood in silence as Adriana entered the other corner of the room.
"Welcome Violet", in unison they spoke and Adriana smiled.
******************************************
    ADRIANA'S POV

    My name is Adriana Kings and this is my little secret.
Am known as Violet to my colleague, they don't know my real name and they never will. we are all part of the world that most people don't know exists, a world of shadows and secrets. I was brought into this world when I was ten years old, after my parents were murdered in my presence by their business partners and that have left a terrible scar on me, I always have nightmares concerning that very incident. The woman who raised me, the woman who gave me my new name, took me in and showed me the way of this world.I've been trained in the art of assassination, at how to kill without leaving a trace. I've been taught to use weapons of all kinds, and to make myself disappear into the shadows. But I've never taken a life. I've always stopped short of actually pulling the trigger. I'm not sure if I can do it. I'm not sure if I'm capable of killing someone, even if it's part of my job.
I've been offered a lot of money for this job, and I know that I could use it to escape this life. But I'm not sure if I can do it.
My entire life has been consumed by thoughts of revenge. I've spent every waking moment thinking about how to find the people who killed my parents and bring them to justice. I know that it won't bring them back, but it will make me feel better. I need to do this, not just for myself, but for my parents. They deserve justice, and I'm the only one who can deliver it.
But I'm afraid. I'm afraid that I won't be able to go through with it. I'm afraid that I'll fail, and that my revenge will be for nothing. But am determined to get that justice for them even if it means risking everything I have.

************************************
  "Master, Violet is here", one of the guards said announcing Adriana's presence before opening the door. As Adriana entered the room, the room was shrouded in darkness, with only a few candles flickering in the corners. The light from the candles was dim and hazy, casting eerie shadows on the walls, the candles seemed to flicker a little brighter, as if welcoming her into the darkness. The shadows shifted and danced around her, making her feel as if she was being watched by something unseen. The air was heavy with a sense of foreboding, and Adriana felt a shiver run down her spine.
Then, with a suddenness that made her jump, the lights in the room blazed to life revealing Mrs Rose sitting at her large ornate desk with two hefty men by her sides.
       "Greetings master", Adriana said bowing her head. "Welcome Violet, how have you been?" Mrs Rose asked. "Always fine master" Adriana replied "you wanted to see me" Mrs Rose said her voice low and calm. Adriana nodded"I did" she said.
"I received a text from you, Mrs. Rose," Adriana said, her voice faltering slightly. "It said "ACCEPT THE JOB", but I don't know what that means."
Mrs. Rose leaned back in her chair, her eyes never leaving Adriana's face. "It means what it says," she said, her voice like ice. "I am offering you a job, and you must accept it."
"But I don't know what the job is," Adriana protested. "I can't accept something I don't know anything about". Mrs. Rose's expression softened slightly, though her eyes remained cold. "You must accept it because I know what is best for you," she said, her voice almost gentle. "I know what you need, and this job is what you need. I would not ask you to do something that was not in your best interest. You must trust me."
Adriana was torn. She wanted to trust Mrs. Rose, but something inside her told her not to. She was so confused. She didn't know what to do.But she just let it go and decided to trust her. "Okay, I know you want the best for me. I will go on with it" Adriana said letting out a smile.
         As Adriana and Mrs. Rose were talking, the door to the room opened and a young man walked in. He was tall and broad-shouldered, with dark hair and intense green eyes. He looked at Adriana and smiled, his eyes crinkling at the corners.
"Hello, Violet," he said, his voice deep and smooth. "It's good to see you again."
She recognized the man as Mrs. Rose's son, Michael. They had met a few times before, and Adriana had always found him charming and easy going."Violet, I didn't expect to meet you here," Michael said, as he gave her a slight hug. Adriana returned the hug trying to keep her composure. She knew that Mrs. Rose had been watching her carefully, and she didn't want to give anything away. "Thank you, Michael," she said, forcing a smile. "It's nice to see you too".
        "I will be on my way, Mrs. Rose". Adriana said. As Adriana reached the front door, Michael appeared behind her. "I can drive you home," he said, his voice gentle. "It's late, and it's dark out. It's not safe for you to walk home alone."
Adriana was caught off guard. "That's very kind of you," she said, her voice tight. "But I'll be fine. I don't live far."
"I insist," he said, stepping closer to her. "Please, let me help you". "Okay, I almost forgot how persistent you are" Adriana agreed. Mrs. Rose smiled as they walked out together.
         There was silence in the car until Michael broke it, "are you okay, why are you not talking?" Michael asked. "It's just that...well...it's been a long day," Adriana said, her voice still sounding strained. "I'm just not in the mood to chat."
Michael was silent for a moment, then he said, "that's so cold of you Andy, you didn't ask about my wellbeing as in how I was coping over there?" "Okay, how have you been Michael, how did the weather over there treat you, are you happy now?" "I don't really like when people force me to talk", Adriana said and Michael laughed. "I really wanted to step on your nerves and I got you there" Michael said still laughing.  "Good for you" Adriana said looking out the window as they drove in silence.
*
*
*
*
            Romeo was fuming as he drove to Luther's house, he couldn't believe he had lost the case after hiring the best lawyer in town. He pulled up to Luther's house, his hand gripping the steering wheel tightly. He was so angry that he could barely see straight

************************************

        LUTHER BENSON'S MANSION

      Romeo stormed up to Luther's front door and rang the bell, his heart pounding.
Luther answered the door with a cup of coffee in his hand, he could tell that Romeo was seething with anger as he saw him." I told you not to pursue the case", Luther said going back to the sitting room as he dropped the coffee on the glass table before sitting down. Romeo glared at him as he walked in, sitting down beside him.
"I would have won", Romeo said looking frustrated. "What happened then", Luther said looking unconcerned.
"That bitch is the cause of everything, she just exaggerated that woman's injury as if she was going to die, I feel like strangling her with my bare hand", Romeo said angrily.
"You know Romeo", Luther said, his tone casual and nonchalant, "I really don't care if you lost the case or not, it doesn't matter to me at all. What's done is done and you need to accept that, you have lost and you're out a thousand dollars, what matters now is to move forward. I really got a bigger problem than you", he said as he sip his coffee.
"What problem?", Romeo asked curiously.
Luther took a deep breath and sank back into the couch before looking at curious Romeo. "Noami is coming back and you know what that means", Luther said, a hint of frustration in his voice.
"How is that a problem?" Romeo asked genuinely curious, "I mean, Noami is beautiful and charming, what else are you looking for in a woman, Romeo said and paused.
    "Oh i forgot, you really mean you are not going to tie the knot in this life?" Romeo questioned.
     "I don't think so, but that is not really the problem now. My father is trying to drag me into the competition between his rivals, Luther said.
"AVANTE-GRADE", "have you ever think of finding the brain behind that company?" Romeo asked.
  "Why should I?" Luther asked looking at Romeo. "I mean they are your father's biggest rival, I think you should at least check about them", Romeo answered.
"That doesn't concern me, I got a lot to do with my time than spying on unnecessary this", Luther said as he picked his phone from the desk, going through it.