CHAPTER TEN

MEN ARE SCUM

        Mr. Cha sat in the dark room, his eyes trained on the door. Every now and then, he would glance at his watch, his fingers drumming impatiently against his leg. The minutes ticked by, and he began to grow restless.
Suddenly the door swung open, a woman in a black dress and a face mask stepped into the room.
"Apologies for the delay," she said, her voice sounding strained. She took a seat and removed her mask, revealing a pale, anxious face.
"So what is your finding, how did they manage to do it?" the woman asked curiously.
"What we know so far is that someone managed to hack into our email system," Mr. Cha explained, his tone grim. "They created fake invoices and made it look like we had paid for services that we never actually received. It's a huge mess."
The woman sat back in her chair, taking in the information.
"They have really gotten me this time", she said frustratedly.
"Are you suspecting anyone, like who could have done this", Mr Cha asked curiously looking at her.
"I have many rivals, I don't really know whom to suspect right now. Are you suspecting anyone?"
"Not at all, what we need now is solving the problem at hand, we need to fix this. I have instructed everyone to be on defense", Mr Cha said as the woman glared at him
"I mean be on the offense", Mr Cha corrected immediately.
"I will get to the root of this, everyone should stay calm", she said and left leaving Mr Cha behind.
"What a difficult human being", Mr Cha murmured as he carried his briefcase and left.

             FIO-LU HOLDINGS

         It was already late in the evening, and Adriana was still hard at work on the huge files that Luther had given her earlier. As she finished up the last page, her hand began to cramp and she dropped her pen. She sighed, realizing that she couldn't take the files home with her. She leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes, trying to clear her mind.
As she sat there, her thoughts drifted to Luther.
"That jerk is really using me," she thought, a wave of resentment washing over her as she took the bottle of water from her desk and gulped down the whole content.
"Oh my head is pounding," Adriana said aloud, ruffling her hair in frustration.
She straightened her shoulders and held the files close to her chest as she made her way to Luther's office. She knocked on the door and heard a gruff, "Come in." Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and walked in.
        As Adriana walked into Luther's office, she found herself unable to tear her eyes away from him again. He sat at his desk, his fingers flying over the keyboard, his eyes focused on the screen in front of him. He was completely unaware of her presence, and she found herself entranced by his handsomeness. His features were strong and chiseled, and his dark hair was neatly styled. He looked every inch the powerful man that he was. She felt her heart skip a beat and suddenly she felt a tickle in her throat. She tried to suppress it, but it became more and more insistent. Finally, she let out a small hiccup, and Luther's head snapped up. His eyes locked with hers, and she felt a blush rising in her cheeks.
"I - I'm so sorry," she stammered, feeling like a fool. "I didn't mean to interrupt you", Adriana said.
"Are you done with what I told you to do?" Luther asked his gaze ice cold.
Adriana nodded, trying to maintain a calm demeanor despite the anxiety swirling within her. She handed over the files, neatly organized and labeled. Luther took them and began flipping through the pages, his eyes scanning for any mistakes. After a few minutes, he set the files down on the table, and looked up at Adriana.
"Is that all?" he asked, his voice emotionless.
"Yes, sir," she replied.  Is there anything else you want me to do for you?"
"No", came Luther's quick reply.
I'll get going, then", Adriana said as she turned to leave, she felt a sudden pain in her leg. She winced, biting her lip to keep from crying out. "
Is everything alright?" Luther asked, his voice surprisingly gentle. Adriana turned back to face him, trying to hide the pain she was feeling.
"My leg... it's just a little sore," she said, her voice strained. "I think I must have twisted it earlier", She replied.
"I will take you home", Luther suddenly said as Adriana's eyes widened in surprise not believing what she just heard.
No... no sir don't worry, I'll be fine, she said her voice determined. "I can just go home and rest it.
"I wasn't worried, alright if you insist you can go", Luther said and continued with his work as Adriana hurried out of the office, she was keenly aware of the pain shooting up her leg with every step. She tried to walk as normally as possible, not wanting to give anyone the impression that she was in pain. But the truth was, she was barely able to put any weight on her injured leg.