18

Chapter 18

What is telemetry?

It is very simple. It is to test various parameters of the rocket and record the test results for subsequent analysis and calculation, which plays a vital role in the subsequent launch and operation of the rocket.

But in contrast, it is extremely difficult not only in terms of data collection and calculation, but also in terms of physiology.

Rocket telemetry requires a large number of experiments in the early stage. Considering the confidentiality of the experiment, the location cannot be in the experimental building or in the city. The location of this experiment was chosen on a sparsely populated plateau.

Although the confidentiality there is strong, the environment is extremely harsh. Although the researchers at the base have suffered a lot, at least the environment they live in is warm and comfortable. Even the daily meals are prepared in the canteen and can be eaten directly.

But if you go there, let alone cooking by yourself, even the stable supply of ingredients is a huge problem, not to mention other difficult natural environments. It is like a series of severe checkpoints that make everyone in an instant All have lost their voices.

Director Ye looked at the silent crowd and sighed in his heart. He understood everyone's concerns very well. After all, the conditions there were really bad. It was completely expected that everyone didn't want to go. Just when he was about to say a few words of mobilization. , a hand suddenly raised: "Director, I am willing to go!"

Su Qiao stood up suddenly, her figure as firm as a green cypress, and her voice was even more powerful.

Su Qiao didn't hesitate at all. She didn't even have time to think about it. She immediately raised her hand. This trip was a must for her.

Everyone understands the importance of the telemetry system, especially Su Qiao, who comes from a later generation. This system, which basically determines whether a rocket can successfully launch, lift off, and enter orbit, must be taken down no matter what.

Su Qiao's words were like a bell, causing everyone who was still in shock to react.

"I want to go too!"

"And me, I have to go. I'm among the best in math."

"Hey, why are you still competing?"

After everyone came to their senses, they all raised their hands and shouted. We are not afraid of difficulties, nor are we afraid of hardship. The silence just now is just a reflection on the future, but no one has ever really been to the plateau, and we don't know what the environment is like, so we can't really imagine it. .

But in the hearts of everyone, no matter how difficult the environment is, it cannot compare with their love for the aerospace industry.

So, after Su Qiao was the first to sign up, everyone hurriedly raised their hands, fearing that Director Ye would not choose them, so they all started to introduce themselves, mentioning all their strengths and abilities, just for the sake of Increase your own advantages.

When everyone had finished talking and only Su Qiao was left, Jiang Xiuze became anxious when she saw that she still didn't speak. "Qiaoqiao, why don't you speak?"

Su Qiao then raised her head and said with a smile: "My body The best."

As soon as the words fell, everyone was stunned. After realizing it, they had to admire: "Oh my God, Team Leader Su's brain is so good!"

They were all talking about how powerful they were and completely forgot about it. , those who can work in that kind of environment must have good enough physical fitness. Otherwise, if they collapse right after they go there, how can they carry out experiments? No matter how good their brains are, it will be useless.

Director Ye nodded and said: "Comrade Su is right, the body is the capital of the revolution. Since everyone wants to sign up, then we will conduct a physical fitness test in three days, and then select those with the best physical fitness. Ten comrades, let's set off with the flying team!"

Since it is telemetry, airplanes are indispensable. Although they, researchers, also study things in the sky - rockets, flying airplanes still has to be left to professionals.

In order to cooperate with the telemetry plan of the Fifth Research Institute, the Air Force Squadron specially sent a team of soldiers with long flight time and excellent skills to cooperate with their operations. They will set off with them in three days.

As soon as Director Ye finished speaking, everyone started wailing. There is no shortage of nerds in every generation. Although these people have good brains, their physical fitness is really not that good, and they also dislike things like sports. It turned out to be good now, I really had to go for the selection!

As a result, everyone who usually stayed in the laboratory without moving now had to run a few laps on the playground every morning and evening. Even when they were usually too busy to take care of food, everyone began to take it seriously. After all, there were not many Eat something and use it to gain strength for running.

Seeing this scene, the first person to see it was none other than Director Ye. The physical problems of researchers have always been a concern for him. After all, only people with experience like him know best the harm that long-term desk work and inactivity can do to the body.

He has also tried to mobilize everyone so that they can exercise more when they have nothing to do. Comrade Chairman has said that we must "barbarize our bodies and civilize our spirits." Without a healthy body, how can we conduct high-intensity research.

This time, Su Qiao got everyone moving with just one sentence, and even if they lost the election this time, everyone would remember this and work harder in the future.

"You really helped me a lot." Director Ye said with a smile.

"This has nothing to do with me, it's because you set your goal well." Su Qiao said, her words could only serve as a stimulus.

Director Ye called Su Qiao over to explain something to her. Although the telemetry team this time was led by Yang Ru, Director Ye had higher expectations for Su Qiao than anyone else.

He could see that Su Qiao had real knowledge in hand. Telemetry was a new and difficult technology for them. At this time, one person must take the lead.

This person is Su Qiao.

Director Ye actually wanted to go with him, but he was old and in poor health. Moreover, the experiments at the institute cannot be stopped, and people still need to be in charge, so among the people who went there this time, the ones who basically played the main role were Yang Ru and Su Qiao.

This was Director Ye's plan after careful consideration. Although Su Qiao had solid professional knowledge, she was too bold in doing things. Just like the engine last time, she didn't care at all about such a big danger and rushed in like a cannonball. Although there was no accident that time, Director Ye was filled with fear every time he thought about it.

Yang Ru was much more cautious in doing things. With him around, Director Ye could rest assured about Su Qiao's safety.

"... Your main task this time is to completely plan and establish the receiving station on the ground, and calculate a sufficiently accurate number for the final data filling." Director Ye said solemnly after explaining everything. , "One more thing, you must ensure your personal safety. No matter what, you must come back safely!"

This was the first time that he used an order from his superiors to Su Qiao.

Su Qiao put her feet together and saluted directly: "Understood! Promise to complete the task!"

Su Qiao's voice was full of determination. She would not joke with her own life. After all, the construction of the motherland still has a long way to go. , she couldn't miss the appointment midway.

"Director, don't worry, we will definitely come back safely and bring you specialties when the time comes." Su Qiao said with a playful smile.

Director Ye also smiled: "Okay, then I'll be waiting!"

The late autumn sunshine poured into the office through the glass and onto the shoulders of the two of them. They seemed not to be talking about any major secrets, but just like a pair of friends. Talking about happy things to ordinary elders and juniors alike.

But at this time, none of them would have thought that the agreement they made unintentionally would eventually break, or in other words, it would be completed in another form.

Because later, Director Ye did receive specialties from the plateau, but the person he brought back was not Su Qiao, not the courageous little Comrade Su who both admired him and gave him a headache.