foreword

Introduction

Hello, this is my first time entering and being part of this year's ONC. I am glad to be part of this contest!

Prompts

( Main prompt ) 67: A promise is a promise. A secret is a secret. They must not tell anybody.

60:  "Look what you made me do." - Taylor Swift

✘✘✘✘

Synopsis

When it comes to best friends there is an unspoken rule that best friends protect and take care of best friends no matter what. That means keeping a secret between them with the promise of never speaking about it to anyone.

For the quadruple group this weekend away from college it was supposed to be a nice and relaxing break. However, only some things go according to plan and others don't. A firepit in front of the beach started as a normal evening, but as the night progressed something unexpected happened.

Best friends protect best friends no matter what, including if something bad happens because that's what they do. Before Lenora, Beck, Alfred, and Cyrus returned to their regular life they made a pact never to speak or mention anything of what occurred at the end of their weekend away from home.

After all, secrets are secrets and promises are promises. Both are meant to never be spoken to anyone.

Warnings

mention of accident death
drunken mistake
panic attack

Copyrights

© 2024, Carly, carlyswritingcorner,

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the publisher's prior written permission.

The story, all names, characters, and events portrayed in this production are fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and events is purely coincidental.