13 | The suspect #1 Alfred Bird

"Are you kidding me? I thought that Beck had got rid of any evidence that the four of us were on the beach that night." My boyfriend said, pacing back and forth from the living room to the kitchen and so on.

"I thought so too but now we know that there is a possibility that our best friend Beck couldn't get rid of evidence that the four of us were there." I stood up from my spot on the couch and I walked towards my boyfriend. Once I was standing in front of him, I placed my hands on his shoulders stopping him from pacing any further. "Babe, you need to calm down. I know learning about this new information is scary. You or I don't know if we are considered suspects, I think it is best to worry about it when we know for sure."

My boyfriend's eyes landed on me and a few seconds later his eyes softened. "Lena, baby, you are right. It's better to worry later when we learn more. Have you told Beck and Cyrus about this?"

I sighed at his question without looking away from my boyfriend's eyes. "Not yet, you're the first person, I have told."

"Okay, when are we going to tell them about this?" My boyfriend asked me, looking straight into my eyes.

"We can tell them tomorrow before they learn it from anyone that is not us. Do you agree, babe?" I suggested, answering his question.

"Yeah, I think that is a good idea, Lena, baby." He agreed, nodding at me as his phone began ringing from the kitchen counter.

Alfred looked at me once before he walked toward the kitchen and he picked his phone up from the counter. I watched my boyfriend place his phone against his ear as he answered the call. "Hello, yeah this is him. Okay thank you, I will be right down."

My boyfriend ended the call, placing his phone in the back pocket before he picked up his keys from the counter and he looked at me once again. "Lena baby, our food just got here. I will be right back."

I looked back at my boyfriend with a soft smile dancing on my lips. "Alf, I am not going anywhere, I will be right here when you come back with our delicious food."

✘✘✘✘

"Mind telling us why Alfred and you wanted to do an emergency meeting here?" Cyrus asked Alfred and I, coming out from the kitchen at his dorm room. In his right hand, he was holding a water bottle. Our best friend looked between us as he sat down on the couch right beside Beck.

It was the next day, just like my boyfriend and I had said the day before. Today's afternoon, we are telling our best friend about what the police department knows.

Alfred and I shared a look before looking back at our two best friends. "Cyrus or Alfred, have received a call from the police department?" I was the first one who had spoken between Alfred and me.

Cyrus focused his eyes on me as he took a sip out of his water bottle. "No, I haven't, Lenora. What about you, Alfred?"

Alfred crossed his arms against his chest as he looked at his roommate. "Cyrus, just like you, I haven't gotten a call from the police department, well, at least not yet."

"Wait so, you're saving that Lenora and I are the only ones who have been called to the police station," Beck said as she started looking at me. "Lenora, how did your interview at the police station go?"

I looked at Beck, taking a deep breath in before breaking the bad news to them. "That's the main reason why we are having this emergency meeting. Long story short, the police officers working on the case have evidence that they haven't shared with the public."

"Lenora, what are you trying to say?" Cyrus asked, sounding confused while he was looking at me.

"What Lena is saying is that the police department believes that we are responsible for the death of the young man." Alfred spoke for me, responding to his question.