12 | The potential suspects

During my senior year of high school, my classmates voted for me to be the last person to commit a crime or to be in trouble with the police. For a couple of years, I believed it too until today.

I cannot believe that this is my life right now. I had never lied to the police before today. I made a promise to my boyfriend and two best friends to never talk about the events of that night on the beach. I would have taken that secret to the grave if I could. However, I know that eventually, our secret is going to come out. The truth will come out eventually whether we like it or not.

Thanks to the true crimes documents that Beck has made watch with her. I have learned that this type of information comes out to the public. People will look at you differently and there is a possibility that they will distance themselves from you. Whenever they are true or false, I know the permanent damage that they cause. It is only a matter of time before the newspapers get their hands on this new information and everyone finds out about our secret.

The only question is when that's going to be happening.

✘✘✘✘

I parked my car in the dorm's room parking lot before I hopped down from my car. I picked up my phone and purse from the passenger seat. I locked my car after I got out of the car. I walked towards the entrance of the dorm rooms, and I unlocked my phone. I entered the building, quickly making my way towards the elevators. I clicked into the messaging app and entered into the text messages with my boyfriend.

Me: Babe, I am here. I am going to hop into the elevator now.

I pushed the button to call the elevator as I felt my phone vibrating in my hand. At the same time, the elevator's door opened, I walked in, clicking the button to Alfred's floor before I looked down at my phone.

Alf: Lena, baby, thank you for telling me. Cyrus is out with some of his friends. So, we have the dorm room to ourselves.

Me: I love going to spend alone time with you, especially after the day I had today.

The elevator's doors opened alerting me that I had arrived at the floor where Alfred's dorm room was. I exited the elevator, walking into the hallway and I started walking to Alfred's dorm room. It didn't take me long to realize that my boyfriend was standing in the hallway in front of the door, he was waiting for me.

A wide smile appeared on my lips as I walked into his arms. My boyfriend didn't waste time wrapping his arms around my lower back, giving me a loving hug.

"Hey Lena, baby." He whispered into my ear as he rubbed small circles on my lower back. "I have missed you today."

Instead of letting go, I leaned my head down on his shoulder feeling the beating of his heart underneath my ear. "Hello, Alf, I missed you too."

Whenever I had a tough day, like today. I always look for some comforting support from the person that I love deeply with my whole heart. My boyfriend always falls into that category. He knows what to do or say on days like this without having me voice my needs out loud.

Our hug lasted a couple of minutes until eventually I was the one who pulled away from his very family embrace ending our hug. My boyfriend and I made eye contact before Alfred moved from the doorway, giving me space to enter his dorm room.

"Do you want me to order your food from your favorite fast food restaurant and as well your favorite ice cream?" My boyfriend asked me, closing the front door as I placed my purse down the kitchen counter.

I started heading towards the living room and sat down on the couch in my usual spot. "Yes, babe, that sounds perfect. Thank you."

✘✘✘✘