Serene

Rody leaned against the piece of wall beside Vince's office, he was taken aback by that last statement.

His hand hovered over the latch that kept the freezer closed, he needed to know what was inside.

The air inside was cold, making a shiver go up Rody's spine from the sudden temperature change.

The door clicked closed behind him, leaving only the dim light from the kitchen to flood inside. Rody’s eyes swept the area for anything that might stand out but found nothing.

He began to look into shelves and cupboards but he just couldn't find anything, he sighed.

“Either Vince covered any tracks… or he doesn't have anything to do with it” Rody muttered, rolling his sleeve up a bit and running the tip of his finger over the knot he tied with the ribbon. “I promise I'll find out what happened.”

Rody walked out of the freezer with his shoulders drooped down.

Vince came in through the kitchen doors. “Where the hell have you been?” He asked Rody, not elevating his voice too much as he took long strides to Rody.

“I've just been in the freezer” Rody answered, shrinking up.

“We opened almost half an hour ago and I just waited on a table which is what I'm supposedly paying you to do” Vince grabbed Rody's arm tightly, his nails digging into the skin. “Go do your job” Vince growled, shoving Rody into the kitchen doors.

Rody fell in through the doors but caught himself in time not to fall over. He looked into the dining room and smoothed his uniform over, going up to the table and checking up on them.

In just a bit Rody felt overwhelmed, there were orders piling up and he couldn't seem to move fast enough to satisfy everyone's patience, when he went into the kitchen to take out the trash quickly, Vince stopped him.

“Take a breath, I'll help you” Vince said before stepping out into the dining room.

Rody finished taking out the trash and took a really quick breather before rushing back in, he picked up ready plates and handed them out with Vince.

Soon enough Rody was finally able to place the closed sign up at the entrance, only finishing up with two tables left inside before he tiredly began to clean up.

“Thank you” Rody said to Vince who was picking up the last dirty plates to take them to the kitchen.

“It's my fault for only hiring one waiter. People have been getting more impatient at restaurants lately, I might have to keep up with more staff.” Vince replied.

“Huh? No… I can do it myself Vince… it seems counterproductive to hire more staff when it's usually not too busy” Rody sighs. “I just need more training”

Vince perked up an eyebrow and crossed his arm with a half smirk. “Of course you realize it now after not showing up to training the first day.”

Rody goes flush and pouts “Listen, I didn't think I'd need it, I've worked at restaurants before!” He countered.

“Not at mine.” Vince replied matter of factly, watching how Rody opened his mouth to retort and not letting him. “I'll train you. After we finish closing up.”

Rody raised a brow. “Why not get someone else to? I'm sure you're busy.” He said, trying to weasel his way out of being alone in the restaurant with Vince while playing with the ribbon around his wrist.

Vince propped open the kitchen door with his foot. “I'd rather you get trained exactly how I want. We’re starting right away, just let me finish up some kitchen cleaning.” He said before going into the kitchen.

Rody sighed and sat down at one of the four seat tables. He crossed his arms over the table and rested his cheek on them, closing his eyes.

Rody opened his eyes sometime later, having fallen asleep. His half-lidded gaze fell on a true sight. Vince was in the chair right next to him, in the same position of resting his cheek against his arms, though he had his eyes open, looking straight at Rody.

Rody couldn't help but think this was part of a dream with how relaxed Vince looked, he could see every detail in him.

Vince’s skin was so clear, his lips were slightly curled upwards at the ends in a small smile. Rody was a bit surprised that even through his eye bags Vince had more pronounced bottom lashes but longer top lashes. Vince's eyebrows were thin but dark, expressive and full with his dark but seemingly silky hair covering some parts of them and his forehead.

In his own world, Vince gazed at Rody, taking in the small details in his eyes and face. He wanted so badly to reach out and touch the mess of hair but didn't bring himself to.

Rody closed his eyes again for a bit before opening them again and yawning. “Hm.. you're different every time you're in my dreams… why are you so peaceful this time around?” He asked.

Vince furrowed a brow confusedly. “In your dreams?” He repeated. “What am I usually like?”

“Usually you're trying to kill me.” Rody answered.

Vince scoffed, rolling his eyes and pushing the chair out so he could stand up. “Just get up already, we have training to do.” He ordered, a bit annoyed at how negatively he was painted in Rody's dreams.

Rody furrowed his brows and shot up, needing to pinch himself. He felt the small pain and groaned as he hid his face in his hands, cursing himself out internally for actually saying that and not realizing he wasn't dreaming beforehand.

Rody smoothed his uniform out again and averted Vince's gaze that didn't leave him even once.  “How are we training?” Rody finally asked, needing badly to move on to something else.

Vince flicked Rody's forehead. “We’ll do a bit of roleplaying. I'll be a customer and give you different scenarios at times, you can respond and after I'll give you pointers” He answered as he began to walk over to where the queue would be on a regular day as any other client.