i

*Buzz Buzz*

Phoebe jolted awake by her phone vibrating on her bedside table. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she grabbed her phone and checked it.

*1 new message from Janis 🎨*
"Happy first day of junior year bitch! I'll be there at 8 to pick you up. DON'T BE LATE! 💋"

Phoebe checked the time: 7:51. "Shit!" Phoebe yelped; she only had 9 minutes to get ready and get her ass out the door and into Janis' car. Luckily, she had packed her bag the night before, predicting she'd likely be running late in the morning. She raced around her room, pulling clothes out of her closet in a rush to find a coherent outfit. She settled on a pair of denim jeans and a Boygenius shirt, paired with her Dr Martens. Hurriedly, she brushed her teeth and haphazardly did her eyeliner at the same time. Miraculously, she managed to not poke her eye out and did the perfect wing. Grabbing her bag, she stomped downstairs and straight out the door just in time for Janis to pull up in her beat-up Kia.

"Get in loser!" Janis called out the rolled down window. Phoebe jogged to the passenger side door and flung it open, jumping in. She hadn't even had the chance to get her seatbelt on before Janis sped away. "Nice shirt" Janis said. They were both huge fans of Boygenius and had attended their concert a few weeks prior. Phoebe smiled, though it quickly turned into a frown. "What?" Janis questioned, noticing the now sour expression on her best friend's face.

"I don't want to go to school!" Phoebe whined.

"Oh you big baby! It'll be just like last year; you'll pine over Regina, who won't even look your way mind you because she's too busy banging your brother, and you'll just get disappointed because she will NEVER, EVER like you back. She's a straight up bitch. I don't understand how you even can like her, she treated me like shit back before you moved here." Janis and Regina used to be friends, up until the fifth grade when Regina started a rumour that Janis shat herself at the school dance.

"Jeez, that was harsh Janis! And besides, that was a petty little falling out that happened like 7 years ago! I know it's bad, but it's old news."

"Sorry, I just don't want to see you get your heart trampled on and thrown in a dumpster by her. And yes, I know it was a long time ago, but people still to this day call me the party pooper! It's so embarrassing." She cringed.

Phoebe sighed in response, "Just let me be delusional. Of course, I know nothing will ever happen but can't a girl dream?" Janis snickered in response. Just then, they pulled up outside Damiens house. He came strutting out as if he was on the catwalk at New York fashion week and did a spin and flicked open his fan as he approached the car. "Wow! Big finish!" Phoebe whooped as Janice cheered and clapped. He opened the back door and climbed in. Janis immediately sped off again as Damien yelped "Slow down!"

Not even five minutes later, they had reached school. They all climbed out of the car, formed a line with Phoebe in the middle, linked arms, and held their heads up high as they strutted through the school's front doors.

As they walked through the halls, they earns scowls from passerbys; they were known by the school as the "weird art freaks" that no one liked, but they didn't care. They kept their heads held high as they changed to a single file line and headed into their homeroom, which they luckily had all together. They raced to sit next to each other and settled into their seats, anxiously awaiting class to start.

A/n - I am so sorry in advance if Janis is accidentally spelt Janice, for some reason it autocorrects to that and I might accidentally miss it one time! Anyways hope you enjoy this so far!