xlv

The rest of the night and next morning flew by fast, filled with all sorts of pampering activities (as well as some making out). Phoebe largely enjoyed herself, having never experienced a proper 'girly spa day' sleepover as Janis would much rather binge movies and rot in bed, or head out to an art exhibit. Soon enough, it was time for Phoebe to head home and finish getting ready.

"Bye! I'll pick you up at 4?" Regina offered; she had rented out a limousine for the two girls to show up to the dance in.
"Sure, bye!" Phoebe said, placing a peck on Regina's cheek and then leaving.

Aaron was waiting outside, ready to pick his sister up. "Hey, have fun?" He asked as his pyjama-clad sister hopped into his car. "Yep! We did mani pedis and face masks and stuff!" She said, showing her brother her freshly manicured nails that were a deep purple colour to match her dress; Regina, who was an expert at nail painting, had done them for her. "Very nice! You ready for tonight."
Phoebe grimaced, "I'm so nervous. Turning up with Regina is gonna bring so much attention. And, I'm up for Queen! I'm surely not gonna win so that'll be embarrassing standing up on that stage for nothing."
Aaron laughed at his anxious sister, "Don't worry, it'll all be fine. Regina is a pro at all that, she'll definitely be able to guide you."
Phoebe sighed, slightly comforted by her brother's words.

-

Upon arriving home, Phoebe immediately hopped in the shower. She shaved her entire body even though she was wearing a long dress; who knew what the night would bring?

After getting out, she slathered body lotion on her whole body, somewhat to smell nice and also to make her skin look glowy. She looked at herself in the mirror, trying to figure out what she would do with her damp hair. She decided she would curl it a bit to give it volume, but after she had gotten dressed.

She slipped her dress on and instantly felt better. She knew she looked good in it, and it was her favourite dress she had ever laid eyes on and she was comforted by that. She then began to do her makeup, opting for a mostly low key look besides a dramatic eyeliner wing and a deep red lip gloss that made her lips pop. She then did her hair. Once she was finished, she smiled to herself in the mirror weakly; she was nervous, but she knew having Regina by her side would make her feel better.

She walked downstairs in her heels, slightly struggling, and saw Aaron, who had finished getting ready ages ago. "You look nice, sis!" He complimented.
Phoebe smiled, "Thanks! So do you! I see you're still wearing the same suit you have every year."
Aaron snickered at her snide remark, "So, when's Regina getting here?"
"Ummm 4." Phoebe said, checking her watch: it was 3:50, so she had 10 minutes, "Have you got a date?"
"Of course. I'm gonna pick her up in a little while."

Just then, Phoebe and Aaron's mom burst into the room. "Oh, don't you two look great!" She gushed. Phoebe and Aaron smiled at their mother. She then made Aaron stand up next to Phoebe. She was holding up her digital camera, wanting to take a picture of the two. Phoebe and Aaron smiled at the camera, hands around each other's shoulders.
Their mom teased up, "You guys just look so grown up! I can't believe both my babies are up for Spring Fling King and Queen!"
Phoebe laughed, "Hey, if it's any consolation, I don't think I'm gonna win."
Her mom swatted her hand, "Oh, don't think like that! What if you do?"
"Nah, Regina will."
"Well, she's still your girlfriend! That means you'd be Queen by association!"
Phoebe laughed again, "I guess."

Then, there was a honk form outside. Phoebe jumped, "Shit, that must be Regina."
"Hey, language!" Her mom warned.
"Sorry," Phoebe mumbled as she quickly bid farewell to her mom and brother, heading outside.

"Wow, you look stunning!" She gushed as her eyes laid on Regina. She was wearing a sparkly black and silver long bodycon dress with a halter neck. Her hair was curled and styled, and her makeup was flawless. "Thanks," Regina shyly grinned, "You look amazing too! I love that dress!"

Just then, someone else hopped out of the limo; it was Regina's mom. "Hi Phoebe! Don't you just look gorgeous! I need some pictures ASAP!" She then motioned for the two girls to stand together, in the traditional prom pose. Regina rolled her eyes, "Mom, god!"
"Please! Just do it! You'll look back at these pictures in 10 years when you're married and think of the fond memories of high school. Because, trust me, it does not get better than this."
Phoebe smiled at the thought of her and Regina someday being married.
"Yes! Just like that! Lovely smile, Phoebe."
Regina wrapped her arms around Phoebe's front, her front pressed up against the brunette's back. They both grinned at the camera as Regina's mom seemingly snapped hundreds of photos. Every now and then, they changed poses.
"Okay, now ones with me in it!" Reginas mom exclaimed, handing the phone to their impatient limo driver.
Regina rolled her eyes as her mom speed walked up to the two girls and stood in between them, wrapping an arm around both of their waists. Phoebe smiled for the picture, while Regina scowled, embarrassed by her mother's actions. The limo driver snapped a lot of pictures, then saying, "Okay, we have to go now if you want to be on time."

Regina, her mom, and Phoebe all raced into the limousine. Phoebe and Regina sat in one row together, while Regina's mom sat in the row facing backwards, towards the two girls. "Aw, this brings me back to my school dance." She sighed. Phoebe grinned. "Okay, who wants a drink?" Regina's mom offered.
"Oh my god, mom! You're such an irresponsible parent." Regina rolled her eyes.
Phoebe snickered, but accepted the offer; if she had any chance of getting through the night, she'd need some liquid courage. She took a swig from the champagne flute Regina's mom handed her and instantly felt her nerves settle.

The three sat in a nervous silence as they rode to the dance, which would be held in the school gymnasium.