xxxiii

Ugh, finally the weekend, Phoebe thought to herself as she awoke on Saturday morning. It had been an extremely long and eventful week, and she knew there was even more to come in the next few weeks.

Hey, you free today? Cady messaged the brunette. Phoebe sighed, Regina was busy with Gretchen and Karen rehearsing their dance for the Winter Talent Show that was coming up in a few weeks, so Phoebe was completely free. She texted back:

Caddy 😟

Yep, why?

Do you wanna hang out?
My mom's got these tickets to a thing in Atlanta so I was wondering if you wanted to come over?

Sure, sounds great!

Okay great! See you in a bit?

👍

💖
Read 9:42 am

Phoebe groaned; she wasn't sure how much longer she could keep up this facade. Cady seemed really in love with her, and as much as Phoebe wanted revenge, she also felt pity on the redhead. She quickly got dressed and drove to Cady's house. She was tempted to get Aaron to drive her, but didn't want to get stranded there waiting for him to pick her up.

As she knocked on the door, Cady came stumbling out, clearly flustered. She was wearing a tight black strapless dress with a pink bra underneath, the straps showing at the top. Phoebe smiled politely at the girl.

"Hey," she greeted.
"Hi," Cady replied, staring intensely while still standing in the doorway. After a while, Phoebe laughed.
"Uhhh, gonna let me in?" She asked.
"Oh, sorry." Cady was knocked from her thoughts, stepping out of the way to let Phoebe past.

Phoebe walked in, looking around at the various tribal artworks and vases on display. "Wow, these are so cool!" She complimented.
"Oh, yeah. My mom collected these from all the different tribes we visited when we lived in Africa."
Phoebe nodded her head, inspecting a cool patterned vase.

"So, do you wanna go up to my room?" Cady suggested.
"Sure! But first, I'm a little hungry. Could we maybe have something to eat." Phoebe tried to change the subject, wanting to procrastinate going to Cady's room for as long as possible.
"Oh! Uh, sure!" Cady said, leading Phoebe to the kitchen. On the bench, Phoebe saw a large box of the Kälteen bars. She got flashbacks to the revenge plan Janis and Cady organised for Regina.

"Hey, do you reckon she's still eating these?" Phoebe asked, knowing that Regina wasn't.
"Oh, I hope so!" Cady laughed.
"Me too," Phoebe lied, chuckling nervously.

Cady then grabbed two chocolate puddings out of the fridge, handing one to Phoebe. "Thanks," Phoebe grinned while eating the pudding. Unluckily for her, pudding was quick to eat and she was finished within a minute.

"Okay, now do you wanna go upstairs?" Cady asked again.
Phoebe nodded nervously, "Sure."

Cady walked Phoebe up to her room, which was adorned with various math medals and pictures of her as a child. Phoebe grinned.

"Do you ever miss Africa?" She asked.
"Well, yes and no. I miss how peaceful and stress free it was, but I'm glad I moved here. Otherwise, I wouldn't have met you." Cady flirted, poking Phoebe's side. Phoebe laughed. Cady then led Phoebe over to her bed, which was clad in yellow floral sheets. The two girls sat down, Phoebe making sure there was a space between them.

"So, what do you wanna do?" Cady said, turning to Phoebe and moving closer.
Phoebe leaned back, stuttering, "Uh, why don't we watch something?"
"Oh, sure! I heard Yellowjackets it pretty good."
"Yeah, lets watch that!"

The two girls then sat next to each other, leaning on the headboard with the laptop in between them. They both watched along, Cady pointing out, "Hey, that Natalie girl sort of looks like you!" (😉😉) Phoebe smiled at the compliment.

They were halfway through the 3rd episode when Cady gained the courage to lean into Phoebe, resting her head on her shoulder. Phoebe was uncomfortable, but let it happen as the alternatives would have been worse.

After another short while, the alternative happened; Cady looked up at Phoebe, looking at her eyes and then at her lips. She then began to lean in. Phoebe pulled her head as far back as she could, but soon hit her head on the headboard. Just before Cady's lips met Phoebe's, Phoebe pushed her away. Cady looked at her, hurt. Phoebe grimaced.

"I'm sorry, I just don't think I'm ready to do anything like that just yet. I don't think I'm over Regina yet."
Cady nodded in understanding, but was still hurt. An awkward vibe filled the air as both girls sat silently.

"Um, well, I guess I should go then. Bye!" Phoebe said.
"Bye," Cady muttered, still hurt. Phoebe shot her a sorry look before getting up and walking out the door.

-
-
-

Phoebe lay in bed for the rest of the day, mulling over what had happened that morning. She felt bad, but also was glad her and Regina's plan was seemingly working. She then decided to text Regina, who responded right away, making Phoebe chuckle.

Gina 💖

Plan is working, C tried to kiss me this morning 😬

Ugh, that skank. Did you kiss back?

Of course not, I pushed her off.

Good.

You free? I'm so bored and wanna hang out.

Ughhh I really wish I could but G and K are still over here.
This stupid dance 🙄

Okay :(

Phoebe chucked her phone to her side, sighing. She then decided that she would be productive and pulled out her schoolbooks, setting them up at her desk and doing her homework.

-
-
-

After a couple hours, Phoebe sighed. "Fuck this," she muttered. She then flopped back into bed, mindlessly scrolling through her phone instead. She then drifted off to sleep.