Night Story - Optimus Prime x human!reader

𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴:

"Coldplay - A Sky full of Stars"
02:56 ━━━━━━━━● 03:17

⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻

---------

"It's that heart of gold,

& stardust soul that make you beautiful."

- r.m. broderick -

---------

There was just so much going on in your personal life that you needed a break from it all. The chaos and tension in your household had become too much to bear. So, you packed a small bag and decided to stay at the base for the night, at least there you could find some peace and quiet.

Optimus agreed to your stay, he appeared much more pleased with the offer than the grumpy medic. But since you were much quieter and calmer than Miko, Ratchet made an exception, as long as you didn't distract him from his personal work. The familiar surroundings of the military outpost provided a sense of comfort and security that you desperately needed after a long and stressful day. You felt a wave of relief wash over you. The soft hum of the generators and the distant chatter of your giant robot friends were oddly soothing.

You settled in the small human area and occupied yourself with some reading. After going through a few chapters and wishing the rest goodnights as they headed to recharge, you didn't bother to look at the time. You knew it was pretty late but you also didn't want to go to sleep yet. The book was way too interesting and you really enjoyed the calmness around you, wishing you could stay like this forever.

Suddenly, you heard slow heavy steps entering the main area. You curiously took a peek and noticed the Prime walking towards you, "Hey, Optimus." you waved your hand at him as you rested on the couch, he looked over you with a warm gaze. He spotted the cozy blanket you were wrapped in and the tiny lamp clip attached to the pages made of paper.

Even with his neutral expression, you can tell he was delighted to see you awake, "Hello, little one." he greeted, "Why are you still awake at this late hour, if I may ask?"

"Couldn't sleep. Besides, I just got to the interesting part." you replied honestly and showed him the book with a smile.

Optimus let out a low chuckle, "I too sometimes get distracted with reading. It's a good way to escape reality for a bit, isn't it?" he commented.

You nodded in agreement, "Certainly."

"However," he lowered himself to take a more proper observation of you, "It seems there is something else on your mind. Do you wish to talk about it?"

You hesitated for a moment, contemplating whether or not to open up to the Prime about your current concerns. You sighed and decided to confide in him, realizing that his genuine concern was comforting, "I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately," you admitted, "There's just so much going on in my life that it's hard to keep up with everything. I feel like I'm constantly juggling different responsibilities and it's starting to take a toll on me."

He listened attentively, his expression a mix of empathy and understanding, "I can see how that would be difficult. Is there anything specific that's been bothering you?"