Episode Thirty Nine

About twenty minutes later, I finished off my Mai Tai before Landon invited me and Jordan into the kitchen to take tequila shots

"Oh my god, Landon, I'm in love with your kitchen. It has the biggest pantry in the world." I walked through the pantry doorway, threw my hands in the air, and spun around, taking in the many food options. Everything was perfectly organized with labels. Landon's family was ready for the end of the world. "I've never seen so much food in my whole life."

Landon and Jordan began laughing.

"What about at the grocery store?" Jordan's question came out between laughs.

Landon's laugh died off as he walked into the pantry with me. "Yeah. Our live-in housekeeper, Maria, keeps the pantry well stocked."

"You have a live-in housekeeper? Where is she tonight?" I looked over the plethora of cake mixes and icing.

"She's staying with her son for a few days while my family is out of town. I have to clean up this mess before she comes back, or she'll tell my parents about the party." Landon smiled down at me with hooded eyes.

"I can help you clean up tomorrow before my shift." I skipped over to Jordan as he poured the three of us another shot. "Don't forget the lime and the salt. That's my favorite part."

"I won't." Jordan chuckled as he shook his head.

"Awesome." I turned around and hoisted myself up to sit on the counter, smiling and swinging my legs.

Landon shut the door to the pantry as the crowd began to flood in from the hallway. They all wanted a shot too, but the three of us didn't invite anyone to join us.

We picked up our shot glasses, smiling at one another.

"What should we toast to?" Jordan looked at me.

"Hey, Landon?" A Latino girl said from across the counter in a seductive tone. Her friends stood by her side. I tried to remember her name, but I came up with a blank. The only thing I knew about her was the nasty glares she and her friends gave me in the hallways at school. "Can me and my girls take shots with you?"

I looked at her and shook my head. "Not over my dead body."

The girl's smile fell to a shitty expression as she scowled at me like she'd done for years.

"Let's toast to how much fun it is taking shots without nasty people trying to butt in." I clinked my shot glass against theirs and licked the salt off my hand before throwing the shot back and biting into my lime. My face scrunched at the pungent taste of the tequila as both guys did the same thing.

Landon bit into his lime as he shook his head at the girl. "We're having our own private party, Serena. Maybe you should go find your boyfriend. I'm sure he's wondering where you are."

I busted out laughing at Serena. "You have a boyfriend? Then why the hell are you in here flirting with Landon?"

Serena huffed as she looked away. She turned on her heel and pushed through the crowd, leaving her three friends behind.