NOOO NOT EARTH :(

poseidon p.o.v 

Tik...tik...tik...tik

Im watching the clock as the seconds tick by, while me and moon were walking to the training grounds we were asked to come to chaos's office. Since we hadn't seen him in a while... well.... We were nervous to say the least. Moon had offered to go in first and hadn't come out in 30 minutes. The door opens and I look up as moon walks out, he looks at me with... pity?

"Whats up?" I ask

"Your not gonna like it Poseidon"

"It can't be that bad" I say standing up and making my way towards the door.

————————————————————————————————————

"You have to go to earth" chaos says

I laugh thinking it's a joke but quickly shut up when chaos looks at me.

"No absolutely not I am not going back there" I complain.

"We have to, we protect the galaxy and that means the people in it"

"Oh sure what if they don't deserve it"

"Poseidon you don't get a say in this matter"

"Well I should! I- " I freeze I was about to say I'm a god but chaos is a bit higher on the ranking... by a bit I mean a lot.

"Poseidon, you don't need to go. But the galactic commander does."

"What?"

"I mean you don't need to make your presence known unless it is absolutely necessary"

"Ill go if moon comes with me"

Chaos suppresses a smile.

"He already said he was going if you were, now you still have plenty of training left to do... we don't want moon ending up a tree again"

I flush, my cheeks turning red "look I didn't mean to throw him up there-"

"Exactly my point, now go on"

———————————— 3 hours later

*clang*

Me and moons weapons clash together. This training session had been good, moon says im learning quickly now.

"You sure you want to go to earth?" He pants as he attempts to disarm me "you could always say no, I could go by myself?"

I dodge his attack "nu uh, I'm not putting you through that by yourself"

"My knight in shining armour" he teases

"Shut up"

"Nu uh"

"Yes uh"

"For a old man you act like a ten year old"

"Were the same age"

"Whatever barnacle beard"

"D-dont call me that" they called me that.

His expression soften. "Sorry"

"Don't apologise, just- just don't do it- HEY!"

While I was distracted he sweeps his foot underway legs tripping me up, and I have a staff pointed at my neck.

He grins. "I win, 10-2"

My eyes narrow and I move the rocks beneath his feet with my powers and he tumbles down.

"I still won" he grumbles.

"Ok whatever" I stand up and offer my hand to help him up.

"You better not throw me in a tree again" he says suspiciously.

"Me? I would never!" I say in mock hurt.

He takes my hand and I help him up, he temporarily loses his balance and falls into my chest. We stare at each other for a fraction of a second before he pulls himself away and coughs. Breaking the silence.

"So... what's earth like?" He says casually like he didn't just face plant into my chest.

"Earthy"

"Your an idiot"

"Well noticed" I grin

......

"Well-?"

"Oh right sorry.. uhh its pretty cool... humans are kind of destroying it but its cool if you ignore the gods and humans"

"So... basically earth without earth?"

"Moon.. come on"

'Your fun to mess with"

I shake my head, "you're impossible"

"You love me for it"

Wait what.

I open my mouth to say something but chaos's horn (basically just a horn to call his commanding officers) goes off.

"Guess he needs us?" I look back at moon.

"Guess so"

We make our way towards the castle but my mind is wandering back to what moon had said 'you love me for it' did he mean anything by it? Or was it just a passing comment. What ever it was Poseidon wasn't enjoying how it was making him feel, it make his stomach all tingly and his hands sweaty.

"...don...sedan...POSEIDON" moon yells

I walk into a tree. "OW FUC- funtastic"

"Are you alright?" He kneels next to me. "You need to look where you going you idiot!"

"Sorry sorry... and yeah im fine... thank you"

He smiles and helps me up and we continue our walk to the castle.

"Hey Poseidon?"

"Hmm?" I turn to look at him.

"What were the gods like?"

I pause

"Which ones?"

"All of them.."

I think about this "well before the incident, they were alright I guess but kinda bad people... zeus was a stuck up asshole who only thought of himself and the other gods were just not nice to be around, other than: Hestia, Apollo and hades they were nice"

"They were the ones who stuck up for you.. right?"

"Yeah but at my second trail nobody said anything even though it was basically a death sentence" I say bitterly.

"Im sorry... you didn't deserve that" he says softly.

"What if I did? I wasn't exactly a good person either moon!" I exclaim "I-i wasn't kind and I wasn't there for Percy! What if I deserved to d-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence sei" moon says sternly "you're not a bad person, and you most certainly don't deserve to die, ok?"

I nod.

"Good, lets get going"