Chapter 2: Encounters and Escapades

[As I hurried through the corridors, lost in my thoughts, I collided with someone, and my books scattered across the floor

[As I hurried through the corridors, lost in my thoughts, I collided with someone, and my books scattered across the floor. Irritated, I began cursing under my breath until the person apologized profusely. Realizing it was partly my fault too, I mumbled an apology and started to gather my things.]

Stranger: "Hey, sorry about that. I was in a rush. I'm Karthik Ahuja."

     "Tanvi Awasthi, from first year BA English Hons. Looks like we're in the same class."

Karthik: "Yeah,nice to meet you, Tanvi. So, are you leaning towards Philosophy or Psychology?"

     "Definitely Philosophy. And you?"

Karthik: "Psychology. Let's hurry, though. I've heard the new English professor is not too forgiving about tardiness."

[As we dashed towards the classroom, my heart sank as we spotted the professor already there. We hesitantly asked for permission to enter, but instead of a warm welcome, he scolded us for being late on the very first day.]

Professor: "Late on the first day?expected better from a student in the BA English Hons program. Do you take your education seriously at all?"

     "I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again. We got caught up in some unexpected delays."

Professor: "Excuses won't cut it in the real world, Miss. I suggest you start taking your studies more seriously if you want to succeed."

Karthik: "Sir, if I may interject, it was partly my fault as well. We both lost track of time"

Professor: "Ah, Mr. Two tardy students on the very first day. Not a good start, is it? You both need to learn the value of punctuality if you want to excel in this class."

     "We understand, sir. It won't happen again."

Professor: "See to it that it doesn't. Now, find your seats and try to catch up with the rest of the class."

[As we found our seats, I could feel the weight of the professor's disapproval lingering in the air.]

I said whispering to Karthik "I don't get it, Karthik. Why are all these girls swooning over that middle-aged man? He's not even that attractive."

Karthik: nodding in agreement "I know, right? It's like they've never seen a young, handsome guy before. What's so special about him anyway?"

    "Exactly! It's like they're blinded by his age or something. I just don't understand."
trying to stifle my laughter "Did you see that? That girl just tripped over her own feet while staring at the professor!"

Karthik: chuckling "I did! That was priceless. Talk about being lost in admiration."

    "I can't believe they're so obsessed with him. It's like they've never seen a man before."

Karthik: "I know, right? It's like he's cast some sort of spell on them."

     "Well, whatever it is, it's definitely entertaining."

Karthik: "Agreed. I just hope they don't get too distracted during the lecture."

[And we started laughing as hell, but professor listened it and started to schold us again]

Professor: "Why are you two laughing? Is this some kind of joke?"

Karthik: "Sorry professor"

Professor: "first of all you guys come late to my lecture,then you are interrupting lecture. Just get out from my class."

[Fuming, we left the classroom, and I let out a string of curses, which Karthik found amusing. He suggested we head to the canteen to cool off. As we sipped on chai, Karthik call out some guys]

Karthik: gesturing to two guys "Tanvi, meet Rohan and Shubham. They're my buddies from the school."

Rohan: "Hey, Tanvi! Nice to meet you. Sorry, but Shubham here insisted on grabbing a quick bite before the lecture."

Shubham: chuckling "Yeah, sorry about that. Food always comes first for me. But why are you here so early??"

Karthik: " we ended up getting kicked out of the lecture."

Rohan: laughing "Why? What happened?"

    "We were laughing at a girl who tripped while staring at the professor. Professor didn't find it amusing."

Karthik: "Yeah, we got a scolding for that. But it was worth it."

[We all started laughing]

Rohan: "Speaking of worth it, Shubham, how come someone with such a petite frame eats like a champ?"

Shubham: laughing "I guess Its God gift "

[Rohan saw my I'd card where he got to know about my birthday]

Rohan and Karthik: "Happy birthday, Tanvi! Let's celebrate."

Shubham: "Happy birthday my new friend. How about we head to that new café nearby?"

Karthik: "Sounds like a plan! Let's go make some birthday memories!"

      "Thank you guys let's go"

[Then we headed to celebrate my birthday]
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
How was the chapter???
It was my first time of writing,
please support me.
Do vote and comment... This type of  support I genuinely needed. Okay byeee!! See you in next chapter!!!!