XIII. An Old Memory

(Art is by my friend @your_bad_b0y on twitter!  Btw they do take commissions ;D )

(Art is by my friend @your_bad_b0y on twitterBtw they do take commissions ;D )

Someone's footsteps were heard through the forest, rustling through the leaves. They ran in a hurry, their feet hitting the ground rapidly, trying to escape from the unknown threat that was chasing him. The fog was thick and impenetrable, making it difficult to see much beyond the dim tree trunks surrounding them. The forest was eerily quiet, with only the subtle sounds of their own panicked breathing and hurried footsteps breaking the silence. Their steps became more and more sloppy and hasty, their feet stumbling on the uneven ground. A sudden surge of adrenaline fuelled by fear, desperation and the desire to survive. The desire to get away from it all.

"Aren't you with us?"

Cody was sitting in a car along with some criminalists, looking at paperwork about the new case while on the way to the crime scene.

"Alex Kasper has been anounced missing .

A boy of nineteen years old. Dark hair, green eyes, slim body, 5'8. Last seen by his parents on Monday 27.05 at 22:34 at home. In the morning they couldn't find him; he didn't answer the phone. Has been missing for four days."

Missing, huh?. Something new. For the first time in several months, Cody comes across a case that does not involve the organ thief. It's as if other crimes simply ceased to exist. Well, either way a new case means a new investigation.

"Good day. I'm Cody Hilton, detective. May I begin the search for evidence?"

Never mind. He was no longer so happy about this new case. While it was a nice break from organ theft, he wasn't expecting that after three hours of searching, only one useful piece of evidence would be found. It was a small note with a date and time left on Alex's desk.

"28.05 04:00"

There was no address, no signature, even the fingerprints on the paper were only Alex's. From this note Cody came to one conclusion; Alex knew exactly where and to whom he was going. Firstly, he must have already been to the place where he was called, since no address was indicated. He also most likely already knew this person; Cody even assumed that they were close friends. He wouldn't run away from home at four o'clock in the morning just because of a note from a stranger, especially at curfew either.

This was the only useful thing that was found in the apartment. Cody questioned Alex's parents, but they had no idea where their son could have disappeared either.

Cody sighed as he walked out of the apartment. He'll need to check the security cameras on this street. Then fill out some paperwork... Transfer all the collected information to the agency. Get permission for interrogation, and then question other people close to Alex. Maybe the criminologists will find some more evidence.