2

The woods seemed to hold its breath as Soyeon's father, his stern visage etched with disapproval, unleashed a torrent of words that echoed through the quiet expanse. "What have you done, Soyeon?!"he bellowed, his voice a thunderous rebuke.

The weight of tradition bore down on Soyeon as her father's accusations reverberated through the trees. He condemned her defiance, each word laced with disappointment and frustration. "We are hunters, protectors of our way of life. You've jeopardized everything with your foolish actions."

Soyeon's resolve wavered under the weight of her father's wrath, but an ember of defiance flickered within her. "I couldn't stand by while that hybrid suffered," she retorted, her voice steady despite the tempest of emotions within.

Her father's eyes, once a source of guidance, now glared with a mixture of anger and disbelief. "You're jeopardizing our place in this community, our very survival!" he admonished, the words cutting through the air like a sharpened blade.

Soyeon's father, fueled by a potent mix of anger and concern, continued his verbal onslaught. "You've forgotten your responsibilities, Soyeon! We maintain the balance, ensuring the survival of our kind. You've endangered us all with your misguided sympathy!"

As his words reverberated through the clearing, Soyeon fought to maintain her composure. "There's more to these hybrids than just threats, Father. They have their own struggles, their own pain," she countered, the crackle of defiance in her voice.

Her father's gaze bore into her, a silent challenge. "Pain? You think your bleeding heart will change the course of centuries?! We are hunters, Soyeon, not saviors. You've strayed from the path, and the consequences will be severe."

Fueled by a surge of emotions and the need to escape the stifling argument, Soyeon turned on her heels and sprinted away from her father. The woods, once a refuge, became a maze of shadows as she sought distance from the echoes of their clash.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING?!" her father's voice roared behind her, the urgency and anger seeping into each word. Soyeon pushed herself harder, the pounding of her heart in sync with the relentless pursuit behind her.

The tangled underbrush gave way to a hidden expanse, and in the distance, Soyeon spotted a looming cave entrance—a sanctuary away from the tempest of familial discord. Her legs carried her towards it, the pursuit fading as the cave's embrace offered a respite.

As she entered the cool, dim cavern, the weight of the argument pressed down on Soyeon. The cave seemed to echo with the remnants of her father's disapproval, and she crumpled to the ground, tears streaming down her face.

In the hushed confines of the cave, Soyeon's ears caught the soft patter of footsteps approaching. Her breath caught in her throat as she curled up further, her heart pounding with the expectation of her father's stern presence.

As the footsteps drew near, her eyes widened with both fear and surprise. Instead of her father's imposing figure, a pair of antlers emerged into view. The same deer hybrid girl from the previous day stood before her, her eyes reflecting a mixture of curiosity and concern.

Soyeon, still enveloped in her vulnerability, slowly removed her hand from her mouth, her gaze meeting the doe eyes of the hybrid. There was an unspoken understanding that transcended words, a connection forged in the crucible of shared experiences.

The deer hybrid, displaying a warmth that contrasted with the cold reality Soyeon knew, crawled towards her. In the dim light of the cave, their fates converged.