4

In the tranquil stillness of the forest clearing, Yuqi approaches Soyeon with a delicate grace. Her antlers frame the scene like an otherworldly backdrop as she leans down to inspect Soyeon. With a series of gentle sniffs, Yuqi detects the scent of distress and injury, her ears drooping slightly in concern.

As her fingers lightly graze Soyeon's cheeks, a touch both tender and oddly reassuring, Yuqi's eyes reflect an earnest worry. "Don't die, my human," she implores, the words carrying a sincerity that transcends the boundaries of their disparate worlds.

It's then that Yuqi notices the source of Soyeon's pain—a wound on her head, the crimson evidence of the fall. Unfazed, Yuqi draws on an innate knowledge of the forest's offerings. Gathering herbs with practiced ease, she sets about creating a makeshift remedy, a blend of nature's healing properties.

With a gentle touch, Yuqi applies the herbal mixture to Soyeon's wound, her fingers moving deftly. The forest, usually a realm of struggle and survival, transforms into a haven where the destinies of huntress and hybrid intersect in a delicate dance of empathy and understanding.

As Yuqi leans in, her breath carries a subtle warmth, and she lets a drop of her saliva fall onto the wound. The unconventional treatment blends the mystical with the pragmatic, an ancient ritual passed down through the untold generations of hybrids.

As Yuqi tends to Soyeon's injuries, she offers a comforting reassurance, "I'll take you into my nest. Just hang on, okay?" Gently cradling Soyeon in her arms, Yuqi carries the injured huntress through the forest, her steps navigating the familiar terrain as if guided by an unseen force.

Unbeknownst to Yuqi, Soyeon succumbs to the exhaustion and pain, slipping into unconsciousness. The journey through the dense woods becomes a dreamless passage, and the forest, with its dappled sunlight and whispering leaves, guards their enigmatic secrets.

After what feels like an eternity, Soyeon awakens in an unfamiliar place. Pine straws cushion her, and confusion clouds her senses. As her eyes adjust to the soft glow of the den, she witnesses a mesmerizing sight—a pair of antlers casting dancing shadows by a small, flickering fire.

"Yuqi?" Soyeon's voice breaks the quiet of the den. Yuqi, with her ears perking up in delight, turns toward Soyeon. A warm smile graces her face, and her small tail wags with an infectious joy. "Human!" she exclaims, rushing toward Soyeon and enveloping her in a gentle embrace. "Thank goodness you're alive."

Soyeon, still grappling with the disorientation of her surroundings, musters the courage to ask, "Where's my sniper?" Yuqi tilts her head inquisitively, a gesture that speaks of innocence. "Sniper? What's a sniper?" she inquires. Soyeon, puzzled, clarifies, "My gun."

"Oh, that black thing! The one you use for killing? I put it over there, since it would be uncomfortable for you to sleep on it," Yuqi explains, her words revealing a simplicity that contrasts sharply with the gravity of Soyeon's world.

As Soyeon processes this revelation, she poses a question that lingers in her thoughts. "How are you not afraid of me?" she asks, a genuine curiosity etched into her features. Yuqi, her doe-like eyes reflecting a sense of innocence, responds with unwavering sincerity, "Why would I be afraid of you? You're my mate."

Soyeon, grappling with the weight of her lineage and the expectations tied to her identity, counters, "Yeah, but I'm a daughter of an elite hunter, you know." Yuqi's response, however, defies the boundaries of societal norms. "Doesn't matter, you seem really nice!" she asserts, a simplicity in her perspective that transcends the complexities of their respective backgrounds.

Confusion lingers in Soyeon's gaze as she observes Yuqi, finding the hybrid's lack of fear somewhat disarming. "May I ask what your name is?" Yuqi inquires, breaking the momentary silence. Soyeon, deciding to share a piece of her identity, answers, "It's Soyeon."