5

As Soyeon and Yuqi venture deeper into the forest, the verdant foliage envelops them in a symphony of rustling leaves and gentle whispers. Their footsteps create a rhythm, a cadence that echoes through the ancient trees.

One day, while exploring a secluded part of the woods, they stumble upon an abandoned cabin. The structure, weathered by time and embraced by nature, stands like a forgotten relic among the trees. Soyeon, intrigued yet cautious, decides to investigate the mysterious find.

As they cautiously enter the cabin, the air inside is filled with the scent of aged wood and memories long faded. Dust particles dance in the beams of sunlight that filter through the worn-out shutters. Old furniture, draped in cobwebs, tells silent tales of a life once lived.

In one corner, Soyeon discovers a dusty journal. Its pages, yellowed with age, reveal the musings and sketches of someone who sought solace in the heart of the forest. Reading through the entries, Soyeon unravels the story of a hermit who had befriended the hybrids and found kinship in the wilderness.

Soyeon, eager to share the intriguing journal she found in the cabin, begins to unfold its weathered pages. However, her anticipation is interrupted by a concerning sight – Yuqi, usually jubilant, is caught in the act of shredding her own antlers.

A gasp escapes Soyeon as she rushes to Yuqi's side. "Yuqi, what are you doing?" she exclaims, a mix of confusion and worry etched on her face. Yuqi, her ears drooping and tail tucked, looks up with remorseful eyes.

"I'm sorry, Soyeon. My antlers were itching, and I thought... I thought maybe if I shed them, it would feel better," Yuqi confesses, her vulnerability stark in the quiet cabin.

As Yuqi shakes her head, a mixture of determination and vulnerability, she drops one of her antlers onto the cabin floor. The sound of the antler hitting the wooden surface echoes in the small space. Soyeon, despite her efforts to remain composed, can't help but flinch and gag, an involuntary reaction to the unexpected scene.

In an almost ritualistic motion, Yuqi drops another antler, her expression a blend of relief and discomfort. The antler joins its predecessor on the floor, a testament to the internal struggle Yuqi has been enduring.

Soyeon, finally gathering her composure, turns back to Yuqi. The sight of the antlers on the cabin floor serves as a stark reminder of the complexities that come with the hybrid existence. "Yuqi," Soyeon begins, her voice gentle, "I didn't know. I wish you would have told me."

Yuqi, still adjusting to the vulnerability of unveiling this aspect of her hybrid nature, looks up at Soyeon. "I... I didn't want you to think I'm strange," she admits, her eyes searching for reassurance.

Soyeon, still kneeling beside Yuqi amidst the scattered antlers, ventures a question, her curiosity mingling with concern. "Do they grow back?" she asks, her eyes reflecting a genuine desire to understand the intricacies of Yuqi's hybrid nature.

Yuqi, relieved by the empathetic inquiry, nods. "Yeah, they do," she responds, a hint of reassurance in her voice. She runs her fingers through the short remnants where her antlers once were, a tangible reminder of the cyclical nature of her unique existence.

Soyeon, processing this newfound knowledge, offers a supportive smile. "Well, I guess we both have our quirks, huh?" she remarks, a subtle acknowledgment of the shared vulnerabilities that have woven their stories together.

Yuqi's ears perk up as Soyeon's curiosity guides her closer. Soyeon tiptoes to inspect the marks where Yuqi's antlers once stood, a silent acknowledgment of the unique aspects of their intertwined lives.