The death knoll

Jimin drove to the main building where the group had a meeting. He supposed it was about their military plans which loomed despite a public outcry.
He smiled when he remembered Jungkooks words
""You'll look good in uniform Jiminee"
His heartbeat speeded up at the thought of his crush. From the beginning Jimin had taken to Jungkook ,buying him food ,helping him with his chores,generally being close with him.
Yes fans tended to ship Tae and Kookie but they were just friends,Jimin was sure Jungkook felt closer to him....he just like Jimin didn't have the courage to put a name to what they were,but in Jimin's mind he was certain Jungkook liked him more than the others,yes Tae and he hung out and were friendly in fact the three of them were together a lot,maybe lately not so much as each had been looking into military forms the whole group deciding if it had to happen then they would all go at once.Jimin had been meaning to ask Jungkook where they should apply for.
Jimin pulled into the underground car park and took the lift to the top floor.
Stepping out he walked into the large boardroom where they usually congregated for these meetings.
"Ah Jiminah ,nearly last! Just waiting for the boss!"
Jungkook laughed at the small male whose timekeeping was well known.
"I can't help it,trying to compete with Jin worldwide handsome takes time!
"Pfft,as if you could compete with this face," Jin answered .
"Just admit the truth you slept in..." Tae laughed
"Your supposed to be my best friend stick up for me!" Jimin laughed.
"I suppose this is about the military," Hobi said.
"Hmmmm,I know it's wrong and I do support our country but not by fighting." Namjoon said."but I'll do my stint"
"So what have you all decided? Suga asked ," I won't be at a camp more desk duty due to my shoulder.
"Well Tae and I have news,we are going to apply under the companion system,we will spend our whole enlistment together!"
Jimin felt like he'd been run over....tae and Jungkook?
"Yer I mean we get on well and are like minded so it seems a great idea," Tae enthused.
"Wow you two have really looked into this!" Jin said but his eyes were on Jimin worriedly seeing the way he looked dazed and uncomfortable at the news.
Jimin was in shock,........so he wasn't a priority in Jungkooks life, Tae was more important....,he was just.......a member of the group.!!
"Jimin you ok there your very quiet .....have you decided where you will go?"Hobi asked .
"N-no....hyung"
"Jimin you leave everything to the last minute,I looked this up as soon as we spoke about the military that's when I chased Tae up to see if he'd do it!"
"That's........good.....you will have....someone"
"Er why Tae?" Jin asked
"Who else? And the fans ship us it will make them happy........"
"Anyone of us! You cheeky brat!"
"Nah.......Tae and I get on well, "
Jimins chest hurt,what about him didn't Jungkook get on with him?
Jimins future plans of confessing to the handsome guy that he yearned for came crashing down,all these years he'd been living in a dreamworld believing the others friendliness was more affectionate towards him.
The door opened and their boss walked in.
"Well guys I have news.....due to your representation here and abroad of your country the government have made you exempt from the military."
Gasps were heard then,
"What will fans and general public think?" Namjoon asked.
"Well a secret survey was done asking what the public thought,turns out the government were given bad reviews as the public think you have brought more recognition to our country than anyone else."
"So when is this being made public?"
"As soon as you all let me know you're agreeable?"
"Hell yes !" Namjoon and Jin said.
"Fine by me," Suga answered
"As long as it's not a black mark against us,I'm in," Hobi answered.
"Aw I was thinking about seeing you all with shaved heads!" Jungkook laughed.
"At least I won't have to listen to your snoring!" Tae smirked.
"How do you know he snores?" Jimin blurted out
"He stays over for game nights and we did all live together once!" Jungkook laughed
Jimin blushed annoyed at himself for blurting it out.
"Jimin? Do you agree too?"
"Er I suppose yer....."
"Right I'll contact the news outlets,I'll let you know if we need to do a press release."
The meeting ended and the group started talking excitedly about future music plans.
Jin sidled up to Jimin.
"You ok Jimin?I'm not blind I can see you are interested in jungkook ."
Jimin bit his lip,did everyone guess,was he that pathetic .
"Well then you must all be having a good laugh at me now..." he whispered
"No Jimin.....I noticed nobody else did not even that dumb jerk you like!"
"Jin.....I thought......well it doesn't matter now.....I'm really a bad judge of character......I think I need to learn to be self sufficient.."
"Jimin don't change who you are....your a great person"
Jimin gave a fake smile...Jin could see the pain in his eyes.
"Obviously not.......why on earth did I think......"
"Please Jimin don't fret over this....I don't think he's aware how you feel......"
"And there it is.....how I feel,it's one sided and I never realised.....just because he was nice to me .....I took it as something else.....,god , they are not wrong all those haters,I should concentrate on being better,fit in more ,maybe be more likeable....." Jimin was murmuring." I erm,gotta go Jin thanks for listening..."
Jimin got up disappearing without a word.

Jin was worried , he knew Jimin masked his feelings behind a smile,he gave his all for the group but never gave himself any leeway,Jin had once heard him being sick after Tae had joked his cheeks were getting chubby,Jin was convinced he'd forced himself to throw up.
"So shall we celebrate, go to an all you can eat pork barbecue place?" Jungkook asked.
"Why not! Hey where's Jimin?" Namjoon asked
"He had to go, you were all busy yakking so didn't hear him say bye," Jin lied
Jungkook frowned,Jimin loved pork barbecue even if he only ate a bit.
"I'll call him," he announced," he's bound to come!"
Jin tried to stop him but Jungkook laughed off his words.
The phone rang and rang then
"Hello..."
"Jimin why did you leave...come right back we are going to go out and eat.....pork belly!"
"No...you all go ahead"
"What?" Jimin never said no to him
"I ....can't...."
"What's so important that you can't come?" Jungkook asked irritated.
"Why does it matter?"
"Of course it does we should celebrate together ,we always do things together"
"Yer sure we do...." Jimin muttered," sorry but no."
Jimin clicked the speaker off in the car and put his foot down on the excelerator he needed to get away for a few hours.
"I don't believe it,what's the matter with him,he never says no !" Jungkook muttered.
"Maybe he has a date?" Jin said looking at the other to gauge his reaction.
"Jimin? Who with he hasn't told me! "
"Should he?"
"Of course we tell each other everything!"
"So you told him about you and Tae doing the companion scheme?"
"Well no,but...."
"See ?so he doesn't have to tell you what he's doing!"
Jungkook for some reason felt off about Jimin going on a date with someone.
He told himself that it was because Jimin was a little softie he didn't want him to get hurt and Jins remark? Well he and Tae were like minded buddies so of course they would choose each other.....whereas Jimin....for the first time he saw that maybe blurting it out wasn't such a great idea......he hoped he hadn't hurt Jimin's feelings.....he'd call him again and talk to him.
He rang Jimin's number but it went to voicemail which annoyed him,what was Jimin doing that he couldn't take a call from him....he never usually ignored him????