CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

KARA

I check on all of my tables and make sure Jas is okay before I make my way to Dave's office. I haven't seen Hannah since I left the guys, not even floating around their table.

My palms are sweaty the closer I get so I wipe them on my shorts. I knock once before Dave calls out for me to enter.

“Sorry that took so long, Jas was a bit backed up and I couldn't leave her again so quickly.”

“Ah, don't worry about it! Come on in and have a seat. You can close the door behind you if you're comfortable.”

I do since I've never been uncomfortable around Dave. He smiles at me and I sit in one of the chairs across from his desk.

“So, I'd like for you to hear me out before you say yes or no. I'm going to get right to the point, I want to promote you to head waitress. Hannah isn't cutting it anymore and she's not being professional towards the other staff nor towards our patrons. I've gotten so many complaints against her in the last two weeks alone, it's ridiculous.”

I open, then close my mouth a few times as he stares at me and waits.

“I appreciate the offer but what about Jasmine? She's been here longer than I have and it should go to her, right?”

“I've already had a conversation with her and she thinks you'd do better. Plus, she likes not having to worry about all the extra shit, her words not mine.”

“What would the promotion include?”

“You’d be over scheduling workers, making sure things run smoothly, dealing with any issues on the floor and some basic inventory along with a three dollar raise. You'd still keep all of your tips. Oh, and training new hires, which I'm working on.”

“And Hannah? She's not going to be okay with this at all.”

“She’s a non factor. I just need a yes or no from you to move forward with my plans.”

“Yes.” I say because it feels right to me.

He offers me a giant smile.

“That’s what I wanted to hear! I'll start working with you on the new stuff tomorrow, get here an hour earlier than usual.”

“I can do that. Am I still good to leave for ten tonight? I kinda made plans already.”

“That's not an issue, I've got a new hire coming in so I can see what they're made of. Apparently she has experience so she's getting tossed to the wolves.”

I smile and after telling him bye I go back to my tables. I can't help the smirk I have on my face and there's an extra pep to my step. Hannah eventually comes back out to the floor and she's got a giant scowl on her face so I make sure to steer clear.

At ten the guys all stand and I know they're ready. I tell Jasmine I'm leaving and I see Dave with the new waitress. There's a small lull so I'm comfortable leaving.

Kent bounds up to me and throws his arm over my shoulders. He places a soft kiss on my forehead and I melt inside as he steers us towards the door. I feel a hand trail down my spine and I smile softly knowing it's Grant. I reach behind myself and gently grab his pointer finger, giving it a gentle shake. I hear his soft laughter and I let a smile cover my face.

“So, where to?” Holland asks as we pile into his SUV.

“Home so I can change.”

“So it's a party?” Kent asks me as Tyler plays with my hand. I'm squished in the back seat between them.