Prologue

Introducing... Book Two in the "Twelve Days" series! Hope you enjoy...

---

Day after day, I read that note.

I left it on my nightstand, next to my bed, so I could read it once I awoke, and before I fell asleep.

I couldn't help but hear her voice as I read it over and over. I just couldn't quit. I'd do anything to actually hear her voice, just one more time.

To hear her say she loved me, to hear her laugh, and to see her smile.

One. More. Time.

That was the theme of my life, now. Two years later, and I still missed her.

The nights were longer, and quieter. Lonelier, too.

I had been alone ever since, too. Everyday, I'd come home from the arena to an empty apartment; everyday, I still wished I'd return home to Anna's smile. Or one of her warm, loving hugs.

But now, all I have are the memories.

It took everything in me to wake up in the morning, to get dressed, to breathe, without Anna.

She was my everything; she was my earth. And with her gone, I had nothing.

Not even hockey could make me happy.

Along with Anna, she took everything of mine with her.

My heart, my love, my everything.

And what she didn't realize, is that along with her death, I lost my best friend, my soulmate, my one and only love.

Though, something convinced her I was cheating. But within her, she held all the love I could ever give to anyone.

And she took it from me...

...And I resented her for it.