Chapter Nine - Someone, Somewhere

Daniela's POV

I opened the door, only to find Ondrej standing there with a bouquet of roses.

"Take me back?" He asked, his eyes sincere.

His smile melted my heart, but I didn't want to show weakness just yet. I wanted him to beg for my forgiveness.

"Look," I started, grabbing the flowers from him, "It's a beautiful gesture, but I'm just not so sure about us..."

I brought the flowers to the kitchen, and I heard footsteps following me.

"Please," he begged, spinning me around to face him. "Give me another chance, I swear I'll make it up to you."

I glued my stare to the ground, until he tucked a hair behind my ear. I looked up into his sad, begging eyes.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered in my ear.

I couldn't take it anymore, so I pressed my lips to his to shut him up.

He wrapped his arms around my waste, while I ran my hands through his hair.

He pulled away suddenly, "So, does this mean you're not mad?"

I nodded and bit my lip, pulling him back towards me. For awhile, he seemed slightly hesitant, but eventually he grew more comfortable around me.

"Did you want to watch a movie?" I asked, holding his hands.

He smiled and shrugged, "Whatever you'd like to do, beautiful."

I looked down at the ground, hoping he wouldn't notice me blushing. I then pulled him into the living room and sat him down on the couch.

I sat next to him after throwing in a random movie. He held me close, causing me to get a big whiff of his cologne. It made me very tired.

I watched a few minutes of The Hangover, and rested my head upon his shoulders. My eyes began to shut, until I was completely asleep.

--- 

Ondrej's POV

Daniela's quiet laughter came to an end almost as soon as her head rested upon my shoulder. I looked down at her sleeping face and smiled, placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"You're beautiful," I whispered, wishing she'd actually hear me.

The soft smile on her face made my heart flutter, and the way she snored quietly made butterflies in my stomach.

I couldn't believe it; I was almost sure I was already in love with her.

The thought made me smile. And slowly, but surely, I joined Daniela in her slumber.

I woke up the next morning, freezing cold. It was already nine in the morning, and practice started at ten.

I knew, this time, I couldn't miss practice. Not this time. Not for no reason.

I looked over at Daniela's sleeping face and smiled, slowly and quietly sliding from her grasp. I then placed a kiss upon her forehead before heading off to practice.

---

"Hey," Andrew greeted me, quietly. It looked as though we were the only ones here.

"Hi," I responded hesitantly.

Andrew took a deep breath in before continuing. Before he even spoke, I knew what he was trying to say.

"Where were you yesterday?" He asked, cautiously.

"I had a headache," I lied, "I didn't even feel like getting out of bed."

He nodded his head, indicating he was listening to everything I was saying, but he still didn't look convinced.

"Pretty believable?" I asked, knowing he wasn't convinced, anyways.

"Sure," he shrugged, standing up, "But I'm not the one you need to convince."

Before I could say another word, the guys began piling into the locker room; many of which greeted me briefly.

I began putting on my gear, then, when I felt a presence beside me.

"How was your night last night?" Michael asked cautiously, making the situation awkward.

"Not bad," I looked up from tying my skates. "Daniela really is a sweetheart."

"Look," he started, leaning back in Michael Al Montoya's stall. "I'm sorry for being such an asshole the other day."

I shrugged it off.

"It's fine," I shook my head, "Do I look like I'm mad?" I asked, smiling.

I stood up then, and made my way to the ice without another word.

I wasn't mad at all, really. After the night I spent with Daniela in my arms, I had totally forgiven the world; Michael, fate...

...Even Anna.

When I was with Daniela, I didn't miss Anna as much.

Although, I still couldn't muster up the courage to change my phone background. It remained the same... For two years, it was always that picture of Anna and I that I loved so much.

Whenever I was alone or feeling down, I'd always take a look at Anna's smiling face on that screen, and realize why I was still here today.

And that was something no one could take from me - not even Anna.

I was finally in a good place; I had my starting position back, and a woman who loved me.

The two I've always wanted in life, and I was lucky enough to have it twice.