chapter 3: JHS

i pointed myself.

"don't you know me?" i was dumbfounded. he frowns and shakes his head. my shoulders dropped because of that.

it only has been 4 years and he doesn't even feel familiar with me?

"back in college," i started. "first year, class 2."

he shrugs, "i used to transfer a lot, so i have no idea what you're talking about."

"j-jung hoseok," i finally told him my whole name.

he paused and just stared. he has this weird look on his face while he looks at me. he was still lost at the mentioned name.

please, just try to remember me. at least bits of it.

"ah!" he smiled and pointed his index finger above. he chuckles, "jung hyunseok who were hit by the ball and has his nose broken!"

there goes my hopes.

"n-no, it's⸺"

"damn, what a reunion to see you here of all places." he shortly chuckle, "heh, i almost never recognized you." he then approached me. he leans with his face which makes me draw back. he showed his gummy smile, "what are you doing here, huh?" he teases, "you don't look like the type to be in this place."

i sighed.

"i came here.. for you," i finally said to him with my palms open as i gestured him. his smile fell, his lips flatten. i fiddle my fingers and look at the floor, "you still look the same as the first time i saw you. it was as if you didn't age."

"you sound like my dead grandma," his eyes squinted in suspicion. he pulls his head back and frowns. he crossed his arms, "more like a creepy stalker."

"ah.." being called like that hurts. i didn't expect him to consider me like that one day. i forced a smile, "i'm sorry. do you really not have any idea who am i?"

he tilted his head. "are you okay?" with rose eyebrow, "should i call security?"

i quickly shake my head and hands, "no, no!"

i guess it's wrong timing to meet him again. in fact, i already regret meeting him 'here' in the first place.

this is the worse!

"there's just things i want to talk to you about, but it seems like you don't have any slightest clue who i am." i scratched my nape with a smile in my lips. the anxiety of him calling security and getting me thrown out of the place is not a good look for a grown man like me. plus, that ruins my pride. i bow my head slightly, "i'll go now. thanks for your time, yoongi."

i finally called him. his head perked from my mention of his name. he grabs my wrist to stop me from leaving.

with innocent wide eyes, "wait!"

"huh?" me in confusion.

he then lets go and pulls his phone out of his pocket. i just watch him do something in his phone. he then showed the screen to me. it was his number and mail contact.

in his serious face, "let's exchange contact info." he did a call-sign with his hand, "let's see each other when you're free."

"o-oh," i sounded dumb with my response. i just get my phone and try to add him with a rush.

my ears feel warm. it must be because of embarrassment. i can feel my heart beating fast. it's probably because i'm happy from getting in touch with yoongi after all these years.

"done," i announced lowly, almost sounded like a whisper. he smiled and pulled his phone away. "oh, so you're jung hoseok!" he chuckles while he eyes the screen, "damn, i really can't remember you." after messaging me with a sticker, he smiles and waves, "alright, see 'ya!"

"y-yeah," i said awkwardly as i leave the place.

monday came. as usual, the day is busy. calls here, calls there. documents everywhere, files being sent continuously. i can feel the building up pain in my neck and back. i even have to stand up for maybe 5-10 minutes to give myself a rest, especially because of my ass being stuck in my office chair.

i checked the time in my watch and it's almost lunch time. i'm wondering if i should just get a sandwich and coffee.. or just continue work, so i could go home early.

haa, i need a smoke.

rather than eating, i decided to buy cigarettes in the convenience store nearby. i get back to the company and start to smoke in the rooftop. the rooftop is being taken cared of by the ceo's mother, happened to be the president's wife too. the rooftop became like a garden ever since. the grass, plants, and flowers are healthy. there's a small white gazebo in the corner and benches by the side.

the door suddenly opened and my colleague showed up. he stood beside me from the rails. he too started smoking. okay, so both of us skipped lunch.

it's quiet. only the wind can be heard and felt.

my phone suddenly dings indicating a message. i pull it out in my pocket and check it.

Yoongi: wanna meet later?

here i was figuring out how should i ask him to meet. i guess it's not that hard, though my workloads says otherwise.

"girlfriend?" he suddenly asked as he looked at me.

"ah, no," i immediately put my phone back in my pocket. i threw my cig in the bin. without looking, "no, just a long time friend."

well, ex boyfriend. i shouldn't flex that.

he was not convinced, but he just continued to smoke. before i leave, i turn around to ask him, "what do you think about being friends with an ex?"

his eyes turned wide and mouth dropped the cig. he froze in his position of leaning on the surface of the rails.

oops, did i just blow off my personal issue?

"n-nevermind," i forced a smile. i was going to leave because he look so surprised and i realized it's so sudden, but i heard him answer, "some people do that. most people see it bad, but it really depends in the situation."

i didn't turn around to look at him. i silently continue my way inside to go back to work.

who could have thought that mister joon has opinions about this kind of thing?