chapter 5: JHS

i stretched my arm up after i click save to the document. i moaned in relief while doing so. i just finished my last one for today, so let's go home before we meet him.

i grabbed my briefcase beside my desk as i stood up. my desk neighbor still seemed halfway done.

"good work today," i said to him.

"you're done already?" he asked with his face still stuck to the screen. i hum in agreement as i walk away. "can you help me with this for a bit? i⸺ ah, hoseok..!"

when he turn around to look my way, i'm already at the exit. i wave my hand goodbye and give him a smile. he didn't stop me from leaving because i really have no intention of helping him this time.

the distance between the company and my apartment isn't that far. maybe a good 20-25 minutes walk. it's almost 8PM, so i still have time to change and go meet him at exact 9PM.

i told him to meet me in the family restaurant where they make good pasta. if we're going to meet, then it's better to talk while eating. plus, i'll have more time to talk with him.

as i got home, i cleaned myself and changed to my comfortable clothes. a simple polo and square pants. i also wore my watch and coat. i figured it's going to be cold soon.

once i'm done, i left my place to go to the restaurant's location that i sent him.

i finally got in, but my eyes couldn't look away from my phone. i'm checking the time and for his reply. i texted him;

Me: i'm here. where are you?

i arrived before the time hit 9PM. i search for an empty table and comfortable area. i found one beside the glassed wall. this family restaurant doesn't have many customers around this time of night, so it's a good place to talk with someone.

as i sat down, the young waiter greeted me with the menu. with a smile, "hello sir, what can i get you tonight?"

i took the menu. "hi, can you come back later?" with my apologetic smile, "i'm waiting for someone."

he nodded and left me alone.

my phone dings indicating a message. as i assumed, it's his reply.

Yoongi: i'll be there, but gonna be a bit late.

hm, it must be his work.

i wonder how much he earns in a day?

when does his work starts and ends?

why did he end up in porn industry?

what was he thinking?

pause.

don't rain him questions about his job. that's too insensitive, hoseok. i rather ask him how's he been doing and why did he stop college.

did he really forget about me?

it only has been few years, that's not too long ago.

i hope he's not going to take long. it's awkward being alone and without food in the table. i'm at the family restaurant, y'know?

i didn't expect waiting for him would take this long. i checked the time in my watch and it's almost 10PM. i already ordered myself a pasta and a lemon juice because i'm kind-of hungry.

i heard the chime from opening the glassed door. i saw him looking around. i rose my arm to make it easier for him to find me. he then approached me and sat on the vacant chair in front of me.

"sorry, i had to wait for mom to fall asleep," he said while groaning.

oh, he was with his mother.

"it's fine," i smiled. "do you want pasta or something else?"

"no, i already ate dinner with her," he then turn his gaze to my food. "does it taste good?"

"yes," i responded as i rolled my fork to the pasta. i slightly raised my fork, "it's really good. they make the bes⸺ !?"

he leaned above the table to chomp the pasta off my fork. that caught me off guard. he did it so naturally as if it's a normal thing to do.

"mm," he chews while he hums. his eyes still on the pasta. once he gulped it down, "it's good. i should buy my mom pasta next time."

i can't bring myself to say anything. i just watch him enjoy the taste. he even lick his lips to remove the sauce.

he noticed my silence so he looked at me. with innocent eyes, "what?"

"ah," i said dryly. my mind suddenly wandered off. that's bad, so let's change topic. i stutter, "h-how's your mom?"

he never brought up his family, he always avoided the topic back then. but judging by how comfortable he looks right now, he's okay talking about his mother.

"she's okay," he said shortly and sat back straight. he then grabs my juice, "can i?"

"s-sure," i hesitantly let him. i watch him drinking the juice, he is emptying the glass. i ask another, "and how are you been?"

"i'm tired but," he still not looking at me in the eyes. his attention on the juice, "i'm still alive, so?"

i gulped dryly. i suddenly find it hard to take another pasta in my mouth.

we just shared a fork and a glass of drink.

it was like the old times. no way he doesn't remember me.

"what about you?" he finally return my question. he also finally looked at me with his curious eyes, "how'd you know i work there?"

"well," i paused. i avoid his gaze, "i was in the mood that time."

"hmm?~" he grinned. i felt his foot suddenly tapped mine under the table. i flinched because he rubbed my leg after, "what did you search about, you horndog?"

"it's not anything kinky or freaky," i defended. i smiled anxiously, i could feel my body stiffen. "just curiosity.. ?"

he crossed his arms and rose an eyebrow. he's giving me a judgeful and doubtful look at the same time.

"ahh.. !" my mouth automatically let out a yelp. he suddenly pressed my crotch. my eyes widened because of that. i even dropped my fork.

he smugs, "oh, really?"

i immediately grab his foot and try to move it away. i can feel my heart beating fast due to anxiety and unwanted excitement.

this is dangerous!

we're in a public place and he's teasing me out of nowhere. i can't turn my head around to see if people heard me or not.

this is embarrassing!

"what are you so curious about that you found my video?" he pressed with his foot which caused me to grip him tightly. his smirk widen, "what kind of video is it?"

i suck in my breath. i'm trying my best to restrain myself. i'm calm as i can be. i breathe out, "solo video of twinks."

he then stopped teasing me. he had this blank face as if he expected my answer. he leans on the table to rest his chin on his palm.

"my debut video?" he asked me with a serious face. his eyes innocently looking at me and his lips usually pouting. i nodded quietly. i feel my ears heating up, and so are my cheeks warming up.

this is awkward.

the presence of silence between us is uncomfortable. the noise of the restaurant doesn't help to reduce this dry atmosphere.

"hmm," he hums with a gentle smile. he look amused. with eye contact, "i'll pay the food, so let's go to my place."