Chapter 7

After Mobei-Jun and Shang Qinghua had also informed Luo Binghe on the plan on finding out who that mysterious demon- father of Shang Qinghua was they could stay, mostly it was Shen Qingqiu's doing, because Luo Binghe really didn't care exactly about Shang Qinghua's predicament, because he saw him still as a mere servant towards Mobei-Jun, at least more times than not. How should he see him otherwise? In the past, he had always crawled on the floor before or behind him. He was practical though and also Mobei-Jun wanted to look into it, so he finally sighed heavily and actually had a good idea of how to find out which demon was Shang Qinghua's father. Mingyu wasn't a name he was familiar with, so naturally, they had to... work through piles upon piles of old paperwork that he had inherited from Tianlang-Jun.

It was tedious. But as experienced pencil-pusher Shang Qinghua was efficient and fast, so he worked through pile after pile after pile. His king was rather ... slow in comparison not used to all the paperwork, after he pushed it all towards Shang Qinghua, but he tried, and that was more the cultivator could ever hope for, and he progressed as well. Shen Qingqiu was also an excellent help. Luo Binghe was busy with his court duties and helped whenever he could. Shang Qinghua noticed he was incredibly fast and effective, even better than Shang Qinghua, but that was no surprise. He was at last a protagonist and better at everything. His work only got worse and worse if Shen Qingqiu was there with him. He only had eyes for his Shizun and the work got lost fast, as he asked and prodded and cared for Shen Qingqiu blooming under every attention Luo Binghe got from his Shizun. It was sappy and also Shang Qinghua got a very good look into their relationship. It seemed Luo Binghe was horny all the time. Shen Qingqiu... seemed always somewhat reluctant, but couldn't deny the big teared up eyes his husband made at him, tears clinging glistening at his dark, long lashes. Luo Binghe was truly something else. He was beautiful, also Shen Qingqiu in another way and Mobei-Jun... Mobei-Jun was the sexiest and most attractive person who could ever live under the sun. Shang Qinghua caught himself more than once staring at him, and also Mobei-Jun seemed to be put off at the display Luo Binghe gave every time he was around his Shizun. His lips slightly twitched in ... disgust? every time Luo Binghe was not the demon king he was supposed to be. At least Shang Qinghua assumed that. They didn't talk too much. Mobei-Jun was the quiet type. Work occupied Shang Qinghua and the other two, if present, only flirted with each other. It was kinda sickening, all the sweet things and the whispering and... one time he caught Shen Qingqiu giggling. It was sickening, because he wished he had someone he could do that with too... or some sort of THAT. He glanced at Mobei-Jun, who lifted his gaze from his papers and looked into Shang Qinghua's eyes, a question in his blue ones. Surprised, he just clumsily smiled.

"Maybe we should leave it for today, and eat something..." Normally he wouldn't say anything at all, but it was his problem, so he figured he could also call for a rest. Especially considering the others. That helped, even though they didn't have to. Also, he was the An Ding Peak Lord. He was used to giving orders, and them getting followed by his disciples. His stomach growled, and he felt heat rise in his cheeks. He was an immortal master and still had to eat. The food in Luo Binghe's palace was always tasty and the whispering of the demon king and his Shizun were grating on his nerves. Maybe it was enough for today. Sleeping sounded nice as well.

"What do you want to eat today, Shizun?" Naturally Shen Qingqiu got this question, Luo Binghe himself only cooked for his husband and he didn't even bother to cook more so everyone could have something of his 'divine' food and Shang Qinghua sighed. He also wanted to taste Bing-ge's tasty food as his father, or something. Slowly, he set the pile he had finished to his side and snatched himself some documents from another, smaller one. He could read while he ate, so they would hopefully find something already.

It was the second day of searching and he was glad that the others helped. They didn't need to. It was his problem, right? He could be very happy about it. He didn't need any home cooked food from a loved one, or Luo Binghe. Could Shang Qinghua be content with what he had? No, he wanted more than that... someone who looked out for him... his king already did... somehow, mostly if he came to him, babbling and whining and clinging to his legs, if something had happened. Maybe Mobei-Jun noticing that something was wrong, on his own, so Shang Qinghua didn't need to crawl to him? That would be really nice.... Someone who was interested enough in him to actually care. That really sounded good.

Sitting at a table, Shang Qinghua was slurping on his noodle soup. Nothing as fancy as Shen Qingqiu's soup, but it was good and the roast of beef was also delicious. He couldn't complain, maybe only about Luo Binghe staring at Shen Qingqiu as he ate the first bite and making a pleased sound. The king of the demon realm sparkled all over and only after that, he ate his own soup. Shang Qinghua looked at them, and his soup dripped down on his outer robe. Cursing, he tabbed with his sleeve at the big wet stain, only making it even worse. Finally, he loosened the belt and stripped out of his outer robe, bunching it carefully at his waist, so he wouldn't stain his inner robe as well. Unbothered, he ate his soup and read further over the paperwork. Neither Shen Qingqiu nor Luo Binghe would even notice and Mobei-Jun really didn't care. Or so Shang Qinghua thought. He didn't register the gaze he earned from his king, nor had he noticed that Mobei-Jun had carefully watched the scene unfolding before him, as Shang Qinghua had stared at the other two and spilling his soup in the wake of his absent-mindedness. And he still didn't notice the gaze that was still glued to his humble self, as he finally found something interesting in the shitload of paperwork. There it was. The name was mentioned in a footnote regarding a demon who wanted to talk about an independent kingdom. He liked to be called Mingyu if he was under humans... Why did Tianlang-Jun mention exactly this? Maybe it was a well-placed hint by the system. Shang Qinghua slammed the document down on the table, spilling even more soup.

"I found it!" Happily, he looked around to see if the others were also happy about it. Shen Qingqiu smiled at him over his bowl. Luo Binghe only raised an eyebrow, then nodded and looked interested enough to signal that he listened. Mobei-Jun actually scooted closer to him to get a glance at the paper. Shang Qinghua tapped with a finger at the critical part and Mobei-Jun snagged it from him and scanned the writing.

"There was an inquiry with Jiayao-Jun, the lord of the former eastern demon realm, about getting a part of his kingdom acknowledged to be independent from the southern or northern realm. Also, he wanted to not get dragged into anything like rivalries and the like. Tianlang-Jun should bother over his problems, and so would he bother only with his own problems. They actually never met. Tianlang-Jun simply approved of it." Mobei-Jun scrunched his nose a bit.
"Seems careless... but it was his decision and it got acknowledged... I never really heard of that kingdom. It's as if it simply vanished. Also, it was way before I was king of the northern realm or you got the position of king over the demon realm." His king looked towards Luo Binghe, who nodded, clearly thinking.
"Is there more about him? What province he wanted for himself to rule? Some information about his abilities. That's why we're searching for him, right?" Mobei-Jun scanned the paper again, then took even more of the following documents only to shake his head.

"There is only one place named 'The Green-Golden Valley'." Mobei-Jun frowned, clearly trying to remember where that was, and finally shrugged slightly. Shang Qinghua was thinking about the geography he had made canon, but couldn't remember the place. Luo Binghe was also thinking, while Sehn Qingqiu opened his fan and finally said:
"No use in thinking too much. We should send some messengers to search for him, with a letter that we want to meet the ruler Jiayao-Jun and set up a place, or better we meet at his palace, so he has home advantage. Maybe it's even a good idea to meet up. Now that Luo Binghe is the king, it would be a good impression to renew the contract with Jiayao-Jun." Shang Qinghua was relieved that even Shen Qingqiu didn't know the exact location - he would seriously doubt his abilities to remember things.

"Doesn't Jun mean he is a lord... if he is my father, that would mean I inherit the title, if he acknowledges me as his son....!" Shang Qinghua's eyes grew wide and then he smiled. That seemed to be an excellent development. But he shouldn't count his chickens until they were hatched. The thought made him happy, and he emptied his bowl, daydreaming a little. Not noticing again the look Mobei-Jun threw at him. Shen Qingqiu noticed, while Luo Binghe babbled something about making plans for the demons setting out still today, so they didn't need too long to find this valley. Mobei-Jun didn't look that happy, very distanced, caught in his own mind, thinking, and Shen Qingqiu feared it was nothing good. He had to be on the lookout for a while.