Heart- fluff, Shuntaro Chishiya

genre: fluff woohoo (i think) <333

warnings: swearing, obsessive chishiya (with his biscuits and u), and that's all probably!!!! 😊😊

sypnosis:  you help a man with white hair in a white hoodie pick out the best cookies there is while he helps you during solitary confinement.

shuntaro chishiya stood out, like a ruby shining bright the most amongst diamonds. he stayed still, as his eyes continued to wander the grey walls of the room. he watched every person one by one, thinking of everything that could happen with them; from every impossibility to every possibility. and soon enough, his eyes stopped on you.

he couldn't help but feel time slowing by. his vision blurred and his irises grew when he focused on you as you threw your head back, laughing at a joke one of your groupmates said. your smile was of the upmost warmth that lit up the whole room of dullness. the sounds drowned in his ears, and the only thing he could hear was your laugh. he was taken aback, a blush blossoming on his pale cheeks, and he quickly shook his head to get out of this kind of trance.

then suddenly, time went back to normal. the sounds faded back in, and he unfocused on you.

he strided - slowly, yet surely. he watched every move of yours. and his feet were leading him to you, but then everyone was instructed to get into their cells. he would see you again after the first round. he was more than sure of it.

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

once the round was over, chishiya immediately went on his way to find you. and he was relieved when he caught sight of that wretched smile of yours that made his ears catch the slightest tint of pink. even though, he was distracted by you, he was distracted by his rumbling stomach more, so he went to where they kept the snacks.

his eyes were scanning every shelf for something worth tasting, but he didn't find anything at all. however he heard a voice; one that was dripping of silks, milk, and honey. it was all too sweet for him

"you should try these cookies. they taste the best out of everything else, i promise! and it will change your. fucking. life."

as he looked to the side, he saw you with that stupid warm smile of yours, offering him a pack of cookies, and he didn't hesitate in taking them at all.

"i disagree with that statement. i don't think a single biscuit can change how i live my-" chishiya stammered, tasting the cookies. and he didn't waste time into shooting another one into his mouth. wow.

"i told you, dumbass!"

"maybe you're somewhat right . . ." he agreed with hesitancy, dragging out the sentence as a sign for you to give your name.

"(name). and your name is?" curious, you asked.

"give me a reason why i should tell you." chishiya remarked, and it left you pouting your lips, which he found adorable.

"okay then! hello 'give me a reason why i should tell you'!"

"it's chishiya." he couldn't control himself as he shook his head, letting out a quiet chuckle.

"okay, that's a bit better, don't you think?" you concluded with a toothy smile.

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

chishiya was quick to go to a corner just to sit back and watch as if the world was crumbling in the palm of his hand. he found it surprising you were one to trust aramaki urami and her group of doubters and liars. you weren't safe there, and he knew. uh-oh.

he saw them lie to one man just because he did something they didn't trust, painting him in the dark light of being the jack of hearts. all said his symbol was a spade, except for one. except for you. he gritted his teeth as you said the truth about his symbol, and all eyes turned to you.

how could you be so stupidly brave?

when your back was turned, you were already being talked about, and he knew what was going to happen. then it was finally your turn, and they did lie. your symbol happened to be a heart. although, everyone else said it was a diamond.

chishiya waited for you to pass by him. once you did, he suddenly grabbed your wrist and pulled you closer to him - he didn't expect you to be too light, he pulled you too hard that you slammed right into his chest.

neither of you truly minded.

he whispered a word in your ear. a word, a small one at that, one that will either cost or save your life depending if you believe him or not.

"heart."

your eyes looked up at his eyes; a hurricane of emotions swirling all at once. and his tight grip on your wrist disappeared when he forcefully let you go. you didn't say anything, you just stared and he just stared too. until a smirk appeared tugging at his lips.

his infamous cheshire-cat smirk.

and that was engraved on your mind as you entered your cell. everything. everything about him. him. shuntaro chishiya.

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

he waited, and waited, and waited. what was taking you so long? him caring too much for a stranger, such as you, had him clutching at the chains of insanity. i mean, for all he knew, you could actually be the jack of hearts, marking all of his suspicions wrong.

and why was his heart beating so so so fast? him saving you was a hit or miss. it was either you believed him or not. if you did, then he would be satisfied. but if you didn't, then he would blame it on your stupidity.

but then, he saw that smile of yours again bouncing across the dark walls of the room; light in a treacherous sea of darkness. you didn't deserve to be in this world at all, he thought.

chishiya was stuck to his place when you approached him. he was starstruck, to say the least. he swallowed his nervousness, and breathed out.

"you believed me."

"yes, i did."

from there on, you two were stuck to each other's side. until the game. even after the game. you both stayed together. both of you promising that you'll go back to the normal world. together. as friends who met in a world of life and death.

but shuntaro chishiya didn't want to be just friends.

and you wanted more too.

Author on tumblr