Fear of dying- angst, Sunato Banda

♡ 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐞: Angst

♡ 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: Banda was a man you never wanted to encounter, yet here he was, trying to get you to trust him. You stupidly fell for it.

♡ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: Language, Major Character Death, Hurt no comfort, Typical aib violence

♡ 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 3.2k

You could hardly remember how you showed up in the Borderlands, with no memory of how you got there, knowing nothing about the world you were now located in and how to get out. You didn't even have anyone who you could truly call a friend or even just an acquaintance in this new land.

That was, until Banda Sunato caught eyes on you.

It started out normal as it could be. With Banda striking up a conversation with you randomly during one of the games, you thought he couldn't be too bad. Of course, not everyone thinks the correct thing, though.

You stuck with Banda throughout the games until the second stage. He was kind to you up until then, then he started to change. You believed he was a little weird, yes, maybe even creepy at times with how he stared at you for a little too long at moments. He had told you hardly anything about his life back in the real world, so you didn't tell him anything about yourself, either.

But there was something about the man that made you second guess things, of being with him this long. You were worried that maybe he would throw you under the bus and forget about you like you were nothing to him, but he proved otherwise.

You wish you would've known the person Banda Sunato was before being sent to the Borderlands, because maybe then, you wouldn't have fallen into his delicately laid out trap made just for you.

"Look, I found some Yakisoba noodles."

Banda held up two packages of noodles, looking over at you. "It's better than canned foods and plants."

You looked at him from where you were in the little convenience store, holding a bag and collecting food, "Let's take them, you're right about it being better than the rest of this stuff."

He nodded, putting both packages in the bag before standing up and looking around. He wandered off further into the store, checking to see if there was anything else you two could use when his eyes spotted something, making him stop and look at it. Picking it up, he read the label on the small medication bottle that someone must have left, saying it was a form of drug but with severe side effects. Staring at it for a few seconds, Banda then put the bottle in his pocket and continued walking until he was back where you were.

You didn't realize he was standing right behind you until his hand grasped your shoulder and you jumped, spinning around only to see him standing there. "Sorry," He said without an ounce of sincerity, "I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay," You replied, shaking your head. "I'm just a little jumpy, I guess."

"I understand," Banda nodded, "Let's head back to the tent, it'll be dark soon." He added after, removing his hand and turning around, beginning to walk away.

You followed after him out the store, walking beside him down the roads to make it back to your tent. He was looking over at you every few seconds, then looking back in front of him as if he weren't staring at you. Neither of you spoke the whole way back to the tent until Banda was handing you the newly cooked noodles.

"Here," He said to you, handing you a pair of chopsticks as well. "You'll need to eat before we enter a game tomorrow."

"Which one are we even going to join?" You asked him, taking a bite of the food.